Roadracer Build FINALLY finished

Thanks all, it's been a lot of fun to build. Hope to get it out soon, but family dramas have keep me busy lately. I'm in a suburb of Houston, near lake Conroe.

I'm usually a chopper/bobber guy....But I had to say how sweet that turned out. Definitely looks like it ready to kick some ass. With the motor mods and stripped and airstreamed like that I bet that sucker is gonna fly!!

After 3-1/2 years and $7k, it had better!!!!!!

Oh yeah, the oil cooler was XSJohn's design. RIP big guy!

Last edited:
Thanks all, it's been a lot of fun to build. Hope to get it out soon, but family dramas have keep me busy lately. I'm in a suburb of Houston, near lake Conroe.

So once you get the dramas under control, where are you gonna air it out at? Take it up to Texas World on a track day? I suppose, for racing AHRMA is the way to go, but I was just checking their website, and it doesn't appear they sponsor any races at TW, although they are involved with the Lone Star Track Days held there.

I figure Texas World Speedway, cool place and close to The Woodlands. I mostly plan to run track days and the occasional CMRA F40LW race.

When you have your plans set, let us know. I'm about 30 miles south of you -- in fact, I seem to recall us exchanging a few PMs before, probably at 650 Rider. Anyway, I wouldn't mind making the trip up to TW to watch. I'd bring along some photo gear and take some pics. In a previous life I used to do motorsports photography, and I got to be pretty good at it.

First crash repair. damned thing jumped off the bike stand....... I hate I've already crashed it and haven't even had it out of the garage yet, guess it got tired of waiting on me!!!!! It's all ready to go now, but it's way too hot to be out in full leathers, so will try to get it on the track early Fall.

Attachments

• First Crash.jpg
    First Crash.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
You should try one of these intakes.They are stock lenght.I have the set you got on the bike too but the rubber intakes worked out better for me.See different sizes listed below.
Vhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mikuni-Carburetor-Flange-Adapter-Manifold-HS42-062-48K-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ150473297008QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3196wt_958

Here ya go, I have hundreds.

Attachments

• DSC01724.jpg
    DSC01724.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC01718.jpg
    DSC01718.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC01722.jpg
    DSC01722.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 203
  • DSC01717.jpg