Roadster Style Build

I've always lusted (don't take it wrong) this shaped fuel tank. Maybe I should get an XS750/850 save all the retrofit issues.

I've always lusted (don't take it wrong) this shaped fuel tank. Maybe I should get an XS750/850 save all the retrofit issues.

Bad bongos, I've had the 3 cylinder bikes and they ain't no XS650. I just took apart one I bought for the gas tank and forks. I can't even get rid of the left over parts for free, if they were XS650 there would be a line.

I'm using the cheap XSMikes 11" shocks. If I lived in a more interesting and twistiy terrain I would have gotten YSS or Hagons that I used on my last builds. I lowered the forks internally 1 1/2" to match.

The way I have done it. I had my son video me with the digital camera set to record a short movie. Then I uploaded the movie to my free photobucket.com account. THEN you could embed it in a post or just put a link to it in your post. Not my XS but you get the idea

Congratulations on your build gentlemanjim, Nice to see something different and original. Love the idea of turning the headlight brackets upside down to lower the light:thumbsup: I would like to see a more of a straight line than the slope of the plastic covers, more like the metal covers from the 78/79. Not a criticism just an observation on the lines you have created.

Those stock covers do scream "Special!" but to ditch them in favor of something else, methinks Jim would have to fabricate replacements.

Back