Roud Revival!

I'll certainly keep that site in mind, bit late for the current seat unfortunately. Pretty committed in that department already.

Picked up some 1" thick gel with memory foam off ebay, and trying to rig up a hot knife right now.

Managed to burn my hand pretty good flat topping the welds on the exhaust. My own stupid mistake. I have a pile of gloves in the garage and I was working bare handed.

Last edited:
10648442_10207700098316321_6301377275933745405_o.jpg

Finally got my seat to the point where I can have it covered. To the right is some of the materials used in the construction. The first three layers are finishing foam, memory foam, and gel. This is followed by either foam from a realtree tree stand, and foam from a sleeping roll, or just the sleeping roll foam. The idea being to have a nice progressive layering.

In other news modification of the frame is done and it has been stripped down. It will be sand blasted and powder coated. I was pleasantly surprised how cheaply I was quoted on this locally.

12484664_10207741148022538_1640208641509026326_o.jpg

Frame is back from powdercoat, it highlights some of the flaws in the frame, but I'm sure that they will go unnoticed once everything is together. Trying to build a rider anyway, it doesn't have to be perfect this time around.

I've been painting various brackets and letting them dry in the house due to outside temperatures, its thankfully allowed me to keep a little more progress going.

Installed the HHB PMA, oil cooler, and (pandamonium?) tach plug.

As assembly progresses it seems some parts have seen fit to disappear into a as of yet undiscovered black hole in my garage. I had to put in a order for another gasket set, and my license plate LEDs. While I was at it i ordered the Uni pods I'm planning on running in place of the mikesxs pods.
946171_10207793280485817_1202305963912219803_n.jpg

12507453_10207793280445816_4900874754601138215_n.jpg

Posted via Mobile

Thank you. I appreciate it.

I actually had a moment where I stopped working, drank some of my beer, and basked in the moment. I missed this. I can honestly say that as a hobby, I enjoy working on and customizing bikes almost as much as riding, and this revisiting of the platform of my first road bike has been good for my soul. A certain part of me will be sad to see it finished.

Luckily that won't be too soon, as I plan on building up another motor for this bike. I have 4 engines, and one is a early XS1b that is going to be getting torn down, and built back up. I'm already running kick only so the lack of starter doesn't bother me. Indeed I'm rather looking forward to it as a potential chance to give back a little to those who have given me advice along the way... twomanyxs1bs, if the connecting rods are in good shape when I tear it down, do you want those? I'm planning on going to 447 rods to have better access to replacement parts... Is there anything else I might have you could use other than the cases, cam and heads?

I even have electrical components, and motor mounts if you need them.

Posted via Mobile

Back