Running rich and rough

Bigzakdaddy

chopper haters beware!!
Reaction score
Is there a thread or threads someone could direct me to that best offers advice for troubleshooting my all of the suddenly rich running bike?

Thx

Posted via Mobile

clean out your pilot circiut in both carbs, your engine is prolly relying on the mains on one cylinder. When you post a Q, it is helpfull to post what mods you've done to your bike, all stock , or straight pipes dragbike.

Is there a place I can punch in some info about my bike and mods so I don't have to write it in every post?

I don't usually get alot out of this site. Most of my posts are ignored. I hope you can help.

Running bs38 carbs (cleaned 10 times).
Installed rusty old stainless Buick pipes recently
Found ALOT of debris in my fuel tank last week, cleaned out, replaced all filters, replaced fuel with 93 octane, flushed carbs, again

Was working on a no charging issue that turned out to be a wiring issue with my reg rect combined unit.

Boyer micro ignition

What else you need to know?!!

Posted via Mobile

Go to "control panel" above. Go into your profile and on the left you'll see "edit signiture". That's where you write your info that is on the bottom of each post.

Just found something interesting. I just walked into my shop, looked on the table and realized that I forgot to put the washers on the float valve seat. Could this be causing my almost sudden issue? Gonna do all your other listed checks in the morning

Posted via Mobile

no washer might make the float adjustment too big, then the engine sucks in the extra gas. try it.

Back