Rusty Metric Magazine

Patches

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
http://rustymetric.bigcartel.com/

I am in no way affiliated with the magazine. I saw that Hugh mentioned it in his how to tech and I decided I would check it out for .99 cents.

The first couple pages state what the magazine is about being that this appears to be the first issue. It's well written and I have only noticed one typo.

If you are a fan of Falcon Motorcycles there is a rather lengthly article about their company, history and what they do. Its pretty good. And has some good pics of their Vincent Black.

Also, our very own Hugh is the magazine's tech guy. He demonstrated how to rephase a crank in this month's issue. Great pics and as always Hugh didm a great job on the write up.

The magazine comes with some free MP3 jams as well. Haven't listened to them yet.

I haven't gotten all the way through this month's issue but for a dollar I will highly recomend it to everyone here. :thumbsup:

Next month will feature more of Hugh and XS650 tech too!

It seems to have a lot of XS stuff as there pictures of random XS's everywhere and the tech section is XS650 oriented.

Yes, it's just for download. It's viewed in adobe acrobat. That was the only downside because I couldn't figure out how to get it on my iPad and can only read it at my office.

Yes, it's just for download. It's viewed in adobe acrobat. That was the only downside because I couldn't figure out how to get it on my iPad and can only read it at my office.

cool looking mag, to get it on your ipad, save it to something(usb etc, or email it to yourself) and get it on the machine you sync your ipad with. then add it to books in itunes, it should then come up on the ipad when you sync your books :thumbsup:

Glad you guys are liking it. If you have any feedback on the Tech Article, let me know. I promised the magazine 3 months, and if it's not working out for either party we'll re-evaluate the agreement then. So far, I'm pretty happy with it...

Thanks for pointing this mag out. Very well written and a refreshing change from whats at your local mag rack. I'm looking forward to the next issue.
Also ,fyi, I viewed it on my ipad by downloading it on my windows laptop, saved it, emailed it to myself, then opened it on the ipad.

I talked to Trent the other day Nd he informed me that unfortunately the magazine is not going to continue on. I really liked it. The first issue with the interview with falcon was great and so was Hughs tech article.

I'm not sure if I saved the issue to my computer at work. If I did I will send it to you. If not I'm sure Hugh would share It with you. The guy is very cool about helping out when he can.

ya, I noticed it was not going on for another month and wondered what happened. Too bad. It was a decent read, especially for a buck....

Trent seemed pretty bummed that it wasn't going to continue. That dude is a hell of a writer. It's a shame but I guess they couldn't get things worked out between all parties involved.

Back