saddlebag hardware

tshadow6

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I want to mount saddlebags on my motorcycle, but the high price of factory made mounting brackets puts me off. Has anyone made their own mounting brackets? I heard of one guy using electrical conduit, but that website is down right now.

I want to mount saddlebags on my motorcycle, but the high price of factory made mounting brackets puts me off. Has anyone made their own mounting brackets? I heard of one guy using electrical conduit, but that website is down right now.

I bet these would fit without much fuss. I've got another set in red I'd sell you.

photo9.jpg

-=Phyber

Here is 5t's set up. Mine is the same but I don't have pictures. Look at the first set below the white Beemer.

http://w6rec.com/duane/bmw/bags/krauser/index.htm

You can get a cast aluminum NOS replica Krauser luggage mount and rack by Olympic if you contact these guys.

classiccycleparts@sbcglobal.net

Ask Scott as he knows the crowded warehouse well. Buy an install kit with the frame because it has the needed hardware (I bought my hardware from stores and made brackets) and you may also want the top soft 'trunk' that mounts to the rack. This is all period stuff so every now and then someone gets excited looking at it. The Krauser or Olympic luggage/saddle bags are tougher to find so you may need to adapt bags or make 'boxes' to pack.

Tom

Last edited:
If you're axctually after cheap, get a pair of thick leather bags at a pawn shop for $30. Mine are stamped made in U.S. and very thick. I had name brand plastic ones from China that lasted a couple of months. If you get hard bags you're going to shell out one way or another unless somebody gives them to you.

Back