Saying hi, my bike, etc

ThatXS650guy — the other car in the background is a ‘59 Austin Healey Sprite project I put together during covid.

View attachment 194597View attachment 194598
My dad had one of those when I was little. It was a fixer upper. I can vividly remember riding in it with my dad and brother through the neighborhood when we saw the left rear tire pass us before we felt the crunch. Still makes me giggle.

My dad had one of those when I was little. It was a fixer upper. I can vividly remember riding in it with my dad and brother through the neighborhood when we saw the left rear tire pass us before we felt the crunch. Still makes me giggle.

That’s hilarious! Bet you think about that every time you torque lug nuts now hahaha

Yes indeed. We had to chase down that tire about a block and a half and roll it back.

ThatXS650guy — the other car in the background is a ‘59 Austin Healey Sprite project I put together during covid.
Beautiful. I am a LBC fan myself...
GT6 April_2017.JPG

Hi guys,

Thanks for the catalog of info re: carb syncing on this site. Really helpful, wanted to say thank you. Running well!

The bike is a ‘79 XS650 Special that I purchased from a relative after it had been sitting for many years. The horrible clanking noise causing the out-of-service was an easy fix…timing chain adjustment. I rebuilt, synced the carbs + addressed general maintenance issues. Runs great! Lots of fun.

Over the course of this summer I changed the cosmetics more to preference — slightly lower handlebars, standard seat, respray, different rear lamp configuration, LED front and rear turn signals. Little changes but a fun project.

Been having fun with it. Ridden 500+ miles in a month.

BEFORE:
View attachment 194510

AFTER:
View attachment 194514
View attachment 194513

that bike looks amazing
I actually thought it was The foo's bike from LNSPLT BLVD at first glance!
Nice JOB!!!

A Bug Eye! Had one ages ago when I lived in England. A bit of a slug, but loads of fun.
Hi Jim,
yeah, a Bug-Eyed Spridget,
You could get it badge-engineered as an Austin-Healy Sprite or as an MG Midget.
The ultimate badge-engineered Britcar was a small 4-door sedan that could be bought as an Austin, Morris, MG, Wolesely, Riley or Lanchester depending on which radiator grille, dashboard & badges were on it.

Back