Sci Fi

Started at the end of page 4.....now it has descended to the end of page 5 .....not enough of a hard lockdown....looks like the virus has jumped threads

Well, I thought social credit dispensing omnipresent Chinese AI fit in well, in a science fiction dystopian society kind of way. As well as with our toe dip into AI

I'm a member of another forum to do with guns. At first glance, one of the more red-necked topics in many peoples opinions. But, it has 80,000+ members from a dozen or more countries and seems to cover nearly the entire spectrum of human experience. I've been a member for 10 years and seen it happen time and again. Any subject, no matter how esoteric, will eventually generate input from an authoritative, experienced source. The scope of questions - technical, medical, legal, inter-personal and the occasional gun-related query - that get answered there is just staggering.
Here are two famous classical musicians reacting to AI composed classical music.

social credit dispensing omnipresent Chinese AI

Ha! Great video and an interesting exercise. "The arts" certainly has to be the ultimate challenge for an AI. To my savage ears the AI sounded spot on, but I will trust the opinion of these two funny music nerds.

^It's a parlor trick to advertise Huawei's latest phone. Brett and Eddy and others on the lookout for topics picked it up. I found an article but the author doesn't make clear exactly what happened because he doesn't know enough about the topic. It says the AI wrote the melodies, and the TV and film composer they hired did the orchestration and harmonization. But style resides in the latter and a melody could be any composer depending on its treatment. The article mentions stuff they fed into the AI, including Schubert's influences. Beethoven was a major influence on him, and one part the video points out does sound like Beethoven. It would be interesting if AI somehow concocted that, but I kind of doubt it. The composer's name is kind of Matrixy itself. "Lucas" is synonymous with film and TV and "Cantor" comes has the same root as lots of words in music meaning song, melody, etc.

Foundation..........Series starts........Brother raved about the books when they came out, I tried to get into them but couldn't. Episode 1 and 2 i'm downloading today. I like it when 2 episodes come out together, gives you a chance to get into the series.

Dune not to far away

Foundation..........Series starts........Brother raved about the books when they came out, I tried to get into them but couldn't. Episode 1 and 2 i'm downloading today. I like it when 2 episodes come out together, gives you a chance to get into the series.

Dune not to far away

Where?

I'm a pirate.........if you want to know where you can download it from i'll PM you

Don't know who showcased it. Apple original made.

Just finished watching the first 2 episodes..........Very good, great acting and graphics

Actually its more than very good...........its excellent and well made. I will be adding this to my liberary

You can download the Apple TV+ app on any smart TV or other streaming device like an Amazon Fire Stick.

Yes, but you have to have an Apple log in (which, as far as I can tell requires at least an iTunes account) AND subscribe to Apple TV. The iTunes is a non-starter, and I'm not thrilled about another $5/month subscription. I may wind up caving to get to the movie Greyhounds and the Foundation series, but not yet.

I won't bore you with the details but past experience with all things Apple has left me with an enduring grudge.

Yes, but you have to have an Apple log in (which, as far as I can tell requires at least an iTunes account) AND subscribe to Apple TV. The iTunes is a non-starter, and I'm not thrilled about another $5/month subscription. I may wind up caving to get to the movie Greyhounds and the Foundation series, but not yet.

I won't bore you with the details but past experience with all things Apple has left me with an enduring grudge.
I totally understand, if it weren't for my much better half and my job I wouldn't either. But yes you are correct you would have to create an apple I-tunes account.

Dune not to far away
The Foundation readers don't like it much.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804484/reviews?ref_=tt_urv
I'll give it a whirl, though.

The Foundation readers don't like it much.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804484/reviews?ref_=tt_urv
I'll give it a whirl, though.

I tried reading the book and i found it slow and boring, ( i was only 15, and tried it again a few years later...Nope), so i don't know the ins and out of the story. I found the series good to watch although there were leaps that took a while to piece together, but they did. I will be watching this a couple of times at least to pick up on some of the small things that are easily missed.

I can imagine the beginning and story around Gaal would have taken up a lot in the book.......I wont say any more.

For sure die hard Asimov fans would never be satisfied. just look at the lord of the rings and what that took to get fans to accept the film version and that had to be done over 3, 2 1/2 to 3 hour films.

Dune is another that hasn't transferred to the fans satisfaction. I read all the books and the film was good but the holes popped up all over the place aand stuff was missing...........have to look at these interpretations with the limitations it takes to transfer.

Its a 10 part series. Does anyone know if it will continue with another series on the firat book or the next series will be the Second book, Foundation and Empire, if my memory serves

When i first checked IMDb yesterday the series had a 8.5 rating. Even with all the low book fan score it still trending as an 8 rating

Last edited:
Well, it's been forty years since I last read any Foundation series, so I'll let lapsing memory take me along for the ride.
Relatedly, I've been downloading the 1080p version of the complete Battlestar Galatica series, and an utterly gobsmacked at how well the tv upscales it to 4K.
Previously, I'd been transferring videos on the fly via a WDTV box and it's been showing its age. Goddam Cinemascope, yeeha.

The trailer for season 6 of The Expanse was released last night. This is the last season and will only have 6 episodes instead of the 12-13 of previous seasons. :(
The first episode will air on Fri. Dec. 10th.

How the heck are they gonna wrap all that up in just 6 episodes!
Dunno. I've a suspicion they won't. It's an extremely popular series. Wouldn't surprise me if they left it hangin' in the hopes of funding for another season. No reason to think that, just an inking I get.

Back