Sci Fi

I like the old stuff, don't know if it's been mentioned, "Forbidden Planet."
I saw "Forbidden Planet" in the theater when it came out. Star Trek was obviously modeled after it. And how many Star Trek episodes had a computer in the background that some mad man or woman would use for to extend their consciousness and wrath on poor Jim and his crew?

Okay, back to sci-fi and space stuff! What about, "The Thing from Outer space", with James Arness? James and him brother Peter Graves, both started out in scifi movies.
The Kurt Russell "Thing." My famous line, "If you gentlemen are through talking, would you mind untying me from this f@cking couch! And the new Thing ain't bad either!

"It, the Terror from Beyond Space!" "Alien," was modeled after it. Alien 2 is my favorite of the franchise.

"Walli" The 2nd person/thing to fly in space with a fire extinguisher!

Okay, back to sci-fi and space stuff! What about, "The Thing from Outer space", with James Arness? James and him brother Peter Graves, both started out in scifi movies.
The Kurt Russell "Thing." My famous line, "If you gentlemen are through talking, would you mind untying me from this f@cking couch! And the new Thing ain't bad either!

"It, the Terror from Beyond Space!" "Alien," was modeled after it. Alien 2 is my favorite of the franchise.

"Walli" The 2nd person/thing to fly in space with a fire extinguisher!
+1 for the KR Thing, also The Blob with Steve McQueen.

It's Friday, and I've worked for 3 weeks straight, but I just saw this thread today. I'm busy drinking "black & tans", right now, but I'll get going on this tomorrow if it's not raining tomorrow. Otherwise, I'll be riding my Big V ! Dream about your best ride. Good night, gentlemen!

Hey, wait! Okay, I'm with you with the new stuff, but we're old, let's keep up with the stuff we grew up with.
I'm cool with discussions of the old stuff... I love just about all of it.
But.... if you read my first comment... the intro to this thread.... It was an introduction to "The Expanse."
All are welcome as long as it's space based sci fi. :geek:

Uh, oops!

Attachments

• IMG-20150905-01238.jpg
    IMG-20150905-01238.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
New Sci Fi TV series "The Peripheral". Not space oriented but futuristic in 2 time zones. 2030 and 2100. About a Gamer who i asked to test a new theme.

I'm not one to rave about a TV series or even recomend them. This has the makings of a great series. The acting and writing is real, (not over played or unrealitic), and top notch. After watching the first epiode i couldn't wait to watch the second

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8291284/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

New Sci Fi TV series "The Peripheral". Not space oriented but futuristic in 2 time zones. 2030 and 2100. About a Gamer who i asked to test a new theme.

I'm not one to rave about a TV series or even recomend them. This has the makings of a great series. The acting and writing is real, (not over played or unrealitic), and top notch. After watching the first epiode i couldn't wait to watch the second

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8291284/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I just watched the first two episodes…..good stuff! 👍🏻

Back