Seat questions

WildStripes

Drip Drop Drippin
Reaction score
I'm new here so here we go. I recently purchased a 75 xs650 in great shape and have since started little modifications to make it more me. So far so good, I just really need a seat! Can't really find one i like. Until i found this: http://www.mikesxs.net/product/68-6906.html

I cant find a seat even close to as good looking as this, so the question is... is it even slightly possible to mount this on my 75 standard? or can anyone suggest a different seat? :bike:

I am sure someone here knows the exact differences between a seat set up for a 75 verses an 80. (Sorry, I am not one of them). It might be possible to modify the seat to fit your 75...? Otherwise take a look around the forums, I remember seeing a few custom seat projects. It might be worth a shot to see what you can build yourself. A lot of members here fabricate their own parts and will have a lot of information, tips, and feedback. Good luck, and welcome to the site!

yea.. ive seen those. not sure how i feel about ordering from vietnam though. any experience with them before?

:shrug:

Just because Mike's is stateside, that doesn't mean the products they are selling aren't coming from overseas as well, and the ebay seller has great feedback and many happy customers.

The seat from vietnam: they may have reworded the shipping information.
I was looking at them about a year ago, but price to ship That seat used to be almost as much as the seat itself. . Ask about the shipping.
Has anyone seen one of these fitted or on a bike ?

I was looking at them about a year ago, but price to ship That seat used to be almost as much as the seat itself. . Ask about the shipping.

Shipping is free in that Ad.

I think there's a thread on dotheton that's got a bunch of them.

Here's the thread I was talking about
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=18876.0

I think buying the seat with the pan plus the cost of shipping is too much for the product. Free shipping with the cover and pad only.

The only negative thing I've heard about them is the vinyl is cheap. But they are just about the only ones with a covered seat pad for cheap.

Mike's used to sell that seat for the earlier models. Tee Cat has one on his 73. They sold that one before they started selling the later Special seats. You can try emailling them and asking if they will get anymore for the early models.
Leo

I just got an email back from mikesxs, they say they will have more for the earlier models later this spring. I may just hold out for that and see what happens. Unless I run on to something better

Back