Seat springs or seat shocks

btxs650

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone made the switch from seat springs to seat shocks and which one rides a little smoother on a hardtail? My 3" seat springs are fine, but I'm getting ready to upgrade my solo seat and am wondering if shocks might make it just a little smoother? The shocks don't seem like they would have enough travel to make them any better to me.

i run a mountain bike spring its cheep looks like shock but is not but works well about 2'' travel.

olddude

Attachments

• hammer0011.jpg
    hammer0011.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 216
  • hammer0009.jpg
    hammer0009.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 147
  • hammer0008.jpg
    hammer0008.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 168
  • hammer0005.jpg
    hammer0005.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 165
I have 6" springs on mine. is a bit wobbley, but the hinge on the front solids it up a bit.
its a 650 plus some more!! hey, old dude, show us your evo!! did you biuld that whole frame? gonna do some whiddlin' on those seat brackets?

XSLEO I Know sorry. i am not brand loyal i like working on all types of bikes and cars.in short i like to fab on any thing that moves.

olddude

olddude, Nothing to be sorry for, I'm not to brand loyal my self. Currently own 3 XS650's, 1 XJ650 Seca turbo, 1 Honda and a Harley. Have owned Kawi's and Suzi's.
Just have fun with what you got.

same here.
work on a different bike while waiting for parts for another one.
nice stable, old dude.

Anyone made the switch from seat springs to seat shocks and which one rides a little smoother on a hardtail? My 3" seat springs are fine, but I'm getting ready to upgrade my solo seat and am wondering if shocks might make it just a little smoother? The shocks don't seem like they would have enough travel to make them any better to me.

I figured I'd get more testimonials on this subject. I gotta think that the shocks would ride a little smoother anyway.

My (set up is spring only) its cheep mountain bike spring made to look like coil over. I bet if got good bicycle but $$$ shock it would be better. But must say my set up works great!!!i have three seats pan shock, brooks saddle and low drop seat depends on my mood. drop seat is only one you can run throttle wide open on 127'' motor this thing pulls!!!! other 2 seats are cruzin seats.

Well here is one for ya. I have rode bikes with both and personally did not care for the shock setup. Now it could be the quality of the shock, I don't know, but I have rode three bikes with them and felt that my 5" springs were far superior in ride. Now I am a fatass so that surely a factor. I have found 5' springs in conjunction with lowered rear tire pressure to work pretty well with my hardtails. Once secured the springs have hardly any side movement even with my big butt on them!!

I figured I'd get more testimonials on this subject. I gotta think that the shocks would ride a little smoother anyway.

:banghead:i brought some from la rosa design , BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE. they are not shocks and the springs are rated for 350 pounds but u can not compress them.found out most of them for sale are like that so use the springs , or ill trade u the ones i got for urs just pm me:banghead:

Back