Seat

Cheers Kev.
Glad youre happy with it.
Pretty sure Ive got an 'as new' Bates here as well, not my style - & a small rear - I'll check in my shed tomorrow :wink2:

Nice one Lee, let me know what you got mate but I quite fancy those LED rear lights with the built in indicators :D

With the last one I actually fitted to a bike (flat-trackers not my thing really) , I used 2" of firm upholsterers sponge/foam , shaped then glued to the base. I then had a M/C seat upholsterer in Birmingham (R K Leighton , best there is !) cover the whole thing with dimpled vinyl, with a 1" flap with 'fake' pop-studs..
Im looking to see if I have a photo..

This is a photo of the one I make....Sold about 50 of them over the last 3 years on Ebay..
Wow! nice work :thumbsup: I wish I had some of your fiberglass skills but never had the patience. Did you make a mold first or build off an other seat? If I had that skill, I would be making a replica of my teenage dream bike, Goose's kz from "Mad Max". There was a company out of Japan making replicas but they went out of biz. Again nice work!

Thanks..been doing it for years,these seats were moulded from an adapted Harly flat-track base I had, I just re-modelled it to fit the XS frame snugly.. was I used to make props for the film industry in the 80's and design & make car body-kits /spoilers .. One day Im going to design a Triumph T100ss style semi-bathtub enclosure for the XS & see how they sell!

Back