Shipping a Bike

NP2650

XS650 Addict
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I need to have a bike I purchased from a fellow forum member shipped cross country. Looking for recommendations on shippers to consider or avoid. Thanks.

I've used UShip several times. Even though each transporter is an independent contractor with their own equipment, service and communication has always been great. When asking for a quote, I usually specify enclosed transport with wheel chocks, etc.
https://www.uship.com/

I'll try that. I tried Shiply and got a bunch of quotes. My issue is that they won't provide the prospective carrier's USDOT # and other info until you accept their quote, so you can't check on their background beforehand. Maybe I'm overthinking this as it's not like I'm shipping a Ferrari or $100K muscle car, but I also don't want the bike messed up - it's just too nice to let that happen. I did get a quote directly from Montway. They were at least a few hundred $ higher, but their website includes their USDOT #, Motor Carrier Number, insurance info, etc.

I've used both the previous mentioned companies... picking up and shipping... I checked prices.. a bit of a pain in the kister...time consuming... until I found the best deal. I saved $300.oo by meeting one shipper six hour from my door.. a 12 hour drive time saving for him...... If it requires a day drive..with over night.. drive home.. I'll done that..... 😎

I just got a quote from Haulbikes for fully enclosed with chocks and tiedowns. They are the cheapest so far. Maybe they like picking up in WI....

Back