In the next pic is of fire mark with rotor TDC mark at 1200rpms

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 72
Thanks Carbon ;) story goes.. I charged the batteries all night one with the 0.8A ctek and the other with a original Shorai charger and now they are both charged... I need to play a bit more with them until I feel confident enough to drive with them and not end up stranded :wtf:

So, I tested them on the bike and the initial voltage were 12.9-13.1 around that area and reving the engine to 2k put it to 13.5 so its charging ;)

I think the batteries were on a deadspot and had to be kicked alive Again of some sort...

Thanks for links etc... NeXT will be to test the kick and ignition retard.:bike:

Now I know with having the shorai on my bike that the charging system doesn't kick in right way for some reason even with raised rpms so the voltage is as your is 13.1 to 13.5 but after running a few minutes the voltage raises up to 14.2 to 14.5 which is the proper voltage for charging. So keep that in mind 14.1 to 14.5 is proper voltage

also every so often these batteries should have the cells balanced your shorai charges should do that.

Yes Carbon, your right about this. I believe the Shorai support told me this aswell and that its perfectly normal. The li-ion batteries have some sort of hibernation mode that wakes up sort of slowly. Actually it will act a bit like a spring that feels stronger when pushed together.. The batteries will get stronger when headlight for examle is turned on prior to starting the engine.. Heat up cyclus of some sort...

For all you guys that have upgraded to the Shorai battery... This may be a very rookie question. Does that battery still use a breather hose?

Thanks in advance everyone!

You should do a Google search for "Shorai battery failure" or "Shorai battery troubles".

While I completely agree with everything you are saying, putting "[]insert product name here] trouble" or "[product name here] failure" into google will produce 100's of results for d@mn near every product known to man thanks to the sheer volume of people with access to the internet (and the desire to b!tch on it about something) these days.

Now ... back in the halcyon days of early 2000's however ... it was a different story....

Back