Slow-mo Chicago build...

Live at North and Paulina. Building my bike in Oak Park. I'm waiting on my hardtail from ardcore...paid for it Dec 6th, its been 2 months now and I'm still waiting!

Are any of you guys welders or know a good welder that wnats to make a few bucks? My bike is currently in Addison for the build.

Ha, I'm working in Orland Park on my bike. Do any of us work on our bikes in the city?

yes and no. if you mean city as chicago than yes. but I work in norridge and my bikes are stored at work. I have one mile to my workplace. unfortunately donot have acces to factory evenings and weekends so my work is ca. 1 hour per day. I am living In condo and cannot work on my bike in garage.:shrug:

Well, the big decision has been made for me. I've decided not to hard tail the bike since I recently learned I have two herniated discs in my back... The saga continues.

I am from the north side of the city, Touhy and Sheridan. I am planning on building a brat style, cause the suspension is pretty essential, all the Chicagoans know how bad our roads are. I have the bike stripped down completely and I have the engine taken apart, aside from the darn cases which are impossible to split. I am also planning on sending my crank to Hugh's to get rephased.

But for any Chicago XS650 owners out there I am also a powdercoater and can do most motorcycle parts, even frames. So if you want something painted send me a message!!! We have a facebook page and a website with some pictures of a beautiful CB750 cafe racer. We are Urban Powdercoat on Facebook or urbanpowdercoat.com We would be honored to help out some other XS650 owners get their projects done. :thumbsup:

They have done a few bicycles for me - here is my favorite so far;

6827744544_fa942f7fe3_z.jpg

VISP build 2 by anasia13, on Flickr

6855808986_90c4561796_z.jpg

Visp Build 2 by anasia13, on Flickr

6214156971_afd7d01c84_z.jpg

GT Build by anasia13, on Flickr

6255573470_804f14de89_z.jpg

GT Build by anasia13, on Flickr

:thumbsup:

Paddy399 - I have a severely herniated disc and bulging discs above and below. one of my biggest motivations to get better was wanting ride my hardtail...

M&R - I'm down - currently also building a 82 honda that we should have wrapped up for the show.

Back