small battery

Dalton....congrats! Always a great feeling to hear your bike start up after tackling an issue.
WRMDOVR

been very busy with work and my banana girder bike and completely neglected an update. Got the replacement PAMCO.....thank you Pete and once wired in second kick and viola'.....started up. Just for grins i have tried using the .8, 1.3 and 3.2ah all by Duracell and they all worked great. Now living here in the great northwest and all of the rain we get......i just need to wait until April to actually get out there ride.....ugh!

Hi,

It helps a lot for a quick kick start but you must have a switch to shut off all the lights when you do so. Too much load on the battery and not enough voltage for the starting circuit.

I have a PMA and I don't know if there would be other issues using it with the TCI system. I also use both a capacitor and the battery.

My bike is in storage now though and I was unable to get it to start without the battery in the circuit using only the capacitor.

Hello, reviving this thread. I'm curious about the 'standby use' and 'cyclical use' on the smaller batteries.

I'm in Aus and there's a cheap 1.3ah 12V battery that states:
- standby 13.50V-13.80V
- cyclical 14.4V - 15V

Am I right that the stock XS charging system (charging at 14.5V) will cook this? Or is this what everyone is running?

Back