small dent repair

I know it works, but it's never worked for me. I've tried on 2 tanks, a couple fenders, and a truck fender.

Cheap to try and it would be a wonder to see it pop. The gas tank steel gauge is a lot heavier than on a van hatch.

I've seen this once on my toyota camry few years ago. I had a dent from parking (hit and run, ca 8 in.) and was driving with it for 2-3 months. was changing oil at pep boys and asked guy about this. and he did his magic for me for free...

and now look at the pic below. "beautifull" dent 6 by 4 in. made by my better half. I do not know how she did it. and she does it know neither - she tried to sit on my bike, slipped during all "procedure" and hit tank with knee(!), of course I TRIED TO KILL HER. any advice?

Attachments

• dent_tank.jpg
    dent_tank.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 59
Combination of pressure in the tank ( about 30 PSI) and a suction cup. You can pressurize and then "bump" the perimeter with the heel of your palm, and sometimes it will pop right up. You would want to bump in the more "open" area across the to versus the outer crown where the tank rolls of to the left side. I'd try the forward, then aft sides. If it won't pop with pressure and a bump, I'd go to the suction cup. It appears to be a large "can" type dent, so you have a good chance of it working. As large as it is, it's not likely the metal is stretched, just "sprung" backward.

Back