so what electronic flasher to get?

howry

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
soo i heard, that when ya get leds ya might get them burn or they wont do a thing. i would guess that some got the leds and installd the electronic flasher, would ya mind suggest me on one. oh and is there stuff i should take off the stock wiring? tnx ahead.

I followed another gentlemans advice on this subject about 2 weeks ago & it worked perfectly..

XSLEO Says "I got my flasher from www.superbrightleds.com I used the LF1-S-flat, just remove the plastic on the connector and the wires plug right in."

The aftermarket flasher only has 2 wires on it..
1 wire to IGN power & the other OUT to the turn signal switch..

Works perfectly & nice & small..

I followed another gentlemans advice on this subject about 2 weeks ago & it worked perfectly..

XSLEO Says "I got my flasher from www.superbrightleds.com I used the LF1-S-flat, just remove the plastic on the connector and the wires plug right in."

The aftermarket flasher only has 2 wires on it..
1 wire to IGN power & the other OUT to the turn signal switch..

Works perfectly & nice & small..

nice... so hey, did ya took any of the stuff off? and hm... which one is the positive? (is it the big heavy black, which the thick red is connected to?) tnx again View attachment 10458

NO!!! That is a starter solenoid, you don't want to hook it up to that. You hook up the electronic flasher with the wires that go into the old flasher. The little cylinder shaped pot under your tank.

NO!!! That is a starter solenoid, you don't want to hook it up to that. You hook up the electronic flasher with the wires that go into the old flasher. The little cylinder shaped pot under your tank.

well i guess thank god my fuse box is old and the fuses are fukd..... but hey, tell me whats this wire then? isnt this a positive that gets connected to the battery? tnx

Attachments

• DSCF7411.jpg
    DSCF7411.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 177
Yes, that's your positive battery cable. Your flasher plug is a three prong under the tank.

SWEET :) thank you. and tnx for the flasher idea. will def going to order that in a next week... right after ill get the new fuse box....

Didn't feel like taking my tank off to snap a picture but I picked basically this same one up at O'reillys for $10 - It's a three prong but the orientation is off so all you have to do is splice the wires for the plug and you're done. just make sure it's 12v. works better than stock and it took me all but 10 min to install.

!BbcyCuw!2k~$%28KGrHqYOKigEq5GhkE6-BKwDlL0epw~~_35.jpg

Didn't feel like taking my tank off to snap a picture but I picked basically this same one up at O'reillys for $10 - It's a three prong but the orientation is off so all you have to do is splice the wires for the plug and you're done. just make sure it's 12v. works better than stock and it took me all but 10 min to install.

!BbcyCuw!2k~$%28KGrHqYOKigEq5GhkE6-BKwDlL0epw~~_35.jpg

hm... sooo it doesnt matter then? what flasher to get, as long as its made for leds eh?
like, what the difference bettween this one and the first one that been uploaded(top page) eh? :)

Technically, I don't know what is different if anything. But I have the LF1-S-FLAT and it works well. I think what I like more about it is, it only has two wires that after you strip the plastic plug off of the flasher you can plug the wires into your plug on your wiring harness. As opposed to rewiring your plug on your harness.

the wierdest thing now is that i have 3 wires coming out off the old flasher connector. but the LF1-S-FLAT is 2 wires. how can i know which one? :)

my diagram shows (it's somewhat blurry)
r/w- from TS switch
y/g- to/fron TS cancelling unit
3rd(can't make out color) hot wire from fuse block

bare bones- leave out the cancelling wire

The other two wires are brown, power to the relay, brown/white. power from the flasher to the turn signasl switch. On your LF1-S-flet flasher, the two wires are red and black or grey and black. It should come with a wiring diagram that tells you how it wires in.
One wire goes to the brown wire, the other to the brown white. If it works that way it's right, if not swap the wires.
What ever your third wire is black or green/yellow, don't worry about it, it won't be used.
Leo

The other two wires are brown, power to the relay, brown/white. power from the flasher to the turn signasl switch. On your LF1-S-flet flasher, the two wires are red and black or grey and black. It should come with a wiring diagram that tells you how it wires in.
One wire goes to the brown wire, the other to the brown white. If it works that way it's right, if not swap the wires.
What ever your third wire is black or green/yellow, don't worry about it, it won't be used.
Leo

This worked perfectly! Thank you!:thumbsup:

Back