Somber Day

littlebill31

Smells of Raw Fuel
Reaction score
I would like say good bye to a friend, Wil, who was killed last night on his bike. He apparently hit a deer and was wearing a novelty, non-DOT helmet.
Keep it WFO and wake the Gods of speed.

Last edited:
I'm very sorry to hear that, Bill. :(

My boss wears one of those little nubs, even after a harrowing crash... may as well don a cereal bowl for all the protection his "helmet" offers.

TC

Are you all wearing full face helmets? I mean, seems like everyone seems to be sporting the open face vintage style helmets.

Full face for me. I like the extra protection and can't stand getting hit in the face by bugs and stones kicked up by other vehicles!

Bill, sorry for the loss of Your Friend. A good helmet might have made the difference.
I have gotten lax about the helmet, but recently bought a Shoei modular flip up. It has been difficult re-training Myself to wear one. One ride at a time.

full face 95% of the time. Took out a pigeon with my Prius windshield yesterday. It was like an explosion in a pillow factory. perfect dust print of a bird in flight on the windshield. That made me think a bit...........

Sorry for the loss of your friend...We're here for ya.

Sorry for the loss of your friend. My feelings are mixed on the use of helmets. They are quite obviously safer, and I urge everyone to wear one, but I still don't think anyone should be forced to. Sorry again.

Back