Sound off, eh?

lakeview

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
OK folks, the moderators have given us Regional Forums: Canada.

Let's make some use of it; my humble suggestion would be to just respond to this post and tell us as much as you want to have forever on the web, maybe if you have a runner or a project, or both, plus some info on local old bike nights, rides, etc. And pictures.
Me, almost a runner, a resto mod '76 that should be on the road this spring. And more projects than I really deserve, I suppose, I think the rusty brat rod is the most promising. SAM_4815-001.JPG SAM_4826.JPG SAM_4128.JPG

Last edited:
Cool! I like that '76 and having seen your garage - I'll certainly agree that you have LOTS of projects!

I have Lucille (red '76) and my '81 Special-to-Cafe bike. Lucille runs well and is in line for a PMA and a PAMCO upgrade plus I am having her seat repaired. She'll be back on the road soon with nice shiny header pipes and a clean undented front fender plus a little later on, a double disk set-up courtesy of a number of very kind forum members.

Cool! I like that '76 and having seen your garage - I'll certainly agree that you have LOTS of projects!

I have Lucille (red '76) and my '81 Special-to-Cafe bike. Lucille runs well and is in line for a PMA and a PAMCO upgrade plus I am having her seat repaired. She'll be back on the road soon with nice shiny header pipes and a clean undented front fender plus a little later on, a double disk set-up courtesy of a number of very kind forum members.

Hi Pete,
Pamco beats points so long as you don't botch the install (check out how many "why don't my Pamco work?" posts the list has.)
No matter how generous PamcoPete's replacement policy is, those units shouldn't be so delicate or need such a fussy install.
And DON'T drink the PMA koolaid.
Buying a PMA costs a lot more than fixing up a non-working stock alternator and a PMA ain't as good as stock by a long chalk.

OK folks, the moderators have given us Regional Forums: Canada.
Let's make some use of it; my humble suggestion would be to just respond to this post and tell us as much as you want to have forever on the web, maybe if you have a runner or a project, or both, plus some info on local old bike nights, rides, etc. And pictures.
Me, almost a runner, a resto mod '76 that should be on the road this spring. And more projects than I really deserve, I suppose, I think the rusty brat rod is the most promising.

Hi Lakeview,
here's some recent photos of the '84 Heritage Special I've owned since I bought it NOS in 1986
along with it's recently attached 1982 Velorex 562 sidecar
Dunno why the closeup of the sidecar subframe is an attachment though.
IMG_0010.JPG IMG_0021.JPG

Attachments

• P1020099.JPG
    P1020099.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
I have an '84 XS currently resting under a tarp awaiting it's glorious transformation!!!
... ok, I just want to have it running so I can putter around on it. I have experienced some card issues I hope to address this season and away I go!!!

I have an '84 XS currently resting under a tarp awaiting it's glorious transformation!!!
... ok, I just want to have it running so I can putter around on it. I have experienced some card issues I hope to address this season and away I go!!!
Hi Boots,
card issues? What are those, eh?

Ha! I can't blame that on autocorrect! :oops: Well, the right side had no fire. Changed the plugs -- nope. Switched out the coil -- nope. Removed the carb, cleaned it reassembled it annnnnd -- the right side fired!... the left side -- nope :banghead: So, it's component that got switched to the left side during reassembly. I was planning to put pods on it, so I'll need to re jet it anyway. Problem solved -- maybe? I dunno. Wish me luck!

Back