SOUND OFF!! Lets hear your Baby Run

Orion61

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
OK here is the chance to let yourself be heard!:)
You Spent all that money, All that time, rebuilding, tinkering tuning and trouble Shooting.
Post a Video, or sound file, showcasing your Bike running, let us hear it Idle! or ROAR!:thumbsup:
Please add the details of what you did so we know what parts to buy to get ours to sound like yours! :doh:
Even the folks that did nothing to them and love the stock sound.:D
This could also be a very Valuable tool to help diagnose running problems,
Sometime it is hard to explain "EXACTLY" what is going on. :confused: Smoking a little? there are different reasons. Have a little KLINK or POP you cant figure out? :wtf:
Let us help.:banghead:
I thought of this Thread while trying to decide what exhaust to put on mine.:confused::confused:
Want to hear a Phased Engine next to a stock one?
I wouldn't have an issue with our Sponsors showing off products here but the Mods can comment on that.
Smart Phones don't sound the best but they still get the point across.
A Laptop with an inexpensive Radio Shack Mike can make a pretty good Video!
We might even get lucky and have someone post a Video on How to Post a Video
I know you folks love your Yammy Hammers as much as I do..
Plus it is kind of nice hearing one run in the middle of a COLD Winter day when were Dreaming of riding, :bike:
Stand Tall and Be heard!
Sincerely,
Orion

Carbon,

Thanks for the ride! We got about three inches of snow today up here in Pa. Bike sounds good. What kind of camera are you using?

1981. unopened engine, presumably all factory. Stock headpipes welded to 1.75 inch straights. 8 inch baffles at the ends of the pipes. BS34's, Canadian needles, one size larger mains and pilot jets.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Alright, here's mine. I'll have to get a better one when it get's warmer. Just stock head pipes with some 1.5" pipe run underneath and out the back.
th_100_2722_zpsb17297a8.jpg

here's a little rattle and shake. I've got a ways to go but this is me just getting it running. lots more to follow.

Cold startup and a couple of ride-by's. Sorry for the length, but if you can make it to about 6:00 -- does anybody else have their brake pads rattling so much? Just curious.

79, 750 kit, VM38's and "no baffle" mufflers.
Camera had a lame microphone, this bike was loud!
I think it has a loose crank pin now. :mad:

To embed youtube video, go advanced, use the youtube button, place the video number AFTER this part http://youtu.be/

like this;
(YOUTUBE]A9q9SMd4S-U[/YOUTUBE]
note I used a ( instead of a [ to disable this one

I'll give it a shot.......the '83 from a couple of years ago. Mikesxs type headpipes and a set of Dunstall repros. Crappy video but the sound is good. "The dog, the dog. He's at it again."

Started with this turd....

A little bit of rebuild magic happened in my garage....

And the day I fired it up... This was an awesome day!!! :thumbsup:

My First Ever XS650 Build... :thumbsup:

Back