source for pickup

jetero41

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I have searched the forums.
I have searched all sources that I have bookmarked from the forums.

Where can I find a new pickup ('83 Heritage Spec. )

Thank you

I lot of guys are doing the Pamco and PMC conversions, Should be some out there. try advertising here

Try Star motorcycle, I got a neutral switch from them not long ago, genuine Yamaha. They got one, $135 plus shipping.

Skull, the pick-ups on the TCI are bolt on. The bolts have a 'sheer' head, so will need to replace them. You are right though, they would not be listed by pickup because of where they are located.

There were no "reasonable price" stators with pickups on them, I checked. I think first year pick ups were riveted they were bolted on after that.

Gordon, the Stator i have has had the shear bolts.

Been collecting stuff for my 83 Heritage, spare stator, with pick up, spare harness and 2 igmition box's. I like the Yamaha electronic system.

I got a good stator and coil/pickup for the TCI setups that I'd let go reasonably.

Want to move on to PMA.

Posted via Mobile

Jethro quote "
Still no spark. Left side cover will come off and it's into the pickup. Damn I hope thats the prob'. 2 TCI's and no spark. It's gotta' be the PU, it's gotta' be, it's gotta' be, it's gotta..........."

Found this for a pick up test.

To test the pickup
ohm out the pick-up and pass a magnet over the face of it, the readings should change. If they do, it's good.

most typos i can easily let slide, but JETHRO:( c'mon.

yeah that was my quote as i ran the list trying to find the problem. i was seriously hoping it WAS the pickup. you know the old "eureka" thing. Then i found reality.

Side cover off, pick up off of the stator, probed at wires right at the pickup and at the disconnect all dead, dead, dead, dead , damn dead:banghead: (after I took time to clean the damn thing up:banghead:).
SKULL didn't try that, just read the meter, Did i mention it was dead ! Thanks

I have been accumulating parts to do the PMA/ points conversion (yeah I'm going with points ) but iwas trying to get some road time before the snow flies. Now have to balance the cost of a pickup (IF i can find 1) against the rest of the parts that I need for the conversion.

Gordon, will try Star but tried numerous Yam' Dealers on GOOGLE and ALL listings show obsolete. Yeah I got a new Neutral Switch just last week from the dealer.

Thanks all and IF you stumble across 1....... Oh and at least 1 tear into your beer tonight for me.

Back