Allen Head Tappets

Halftwist

XS650 Addict
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all! A couple years ago I saw a fella who had replaced his valve tappets with Allen heads which is an awesome idea. I can’t for the life of me find it or remember who it was. Does any one have an idea of where I can source some? Thanks

Hey all! A couple years ago I saw a fella who had replaced his valve tappets with Allen heads which is an awesome idea. I can’t for the life of me find it or remember who it was. Does any one have an idea of where I can source some? Thanks
The KEDO valve adjusters, originally intended for SR/XT500 have internal hex, and a ball tip. Sort of like the "elephant foot" ones from VW/ Porsche, but much slimmer.

I ordered these directly from ( formerly Boats.net ) Virago tappet screws, I don’t remember the number. If I can find it, I’ll come back here and post it.
I installed new Virago tappet screws with the Allen heads In my XS2, They are a little bit shorter, but there is full thread contact with the rockers when adjusted.
074FF1D1-B1F7-42D6-B472-8B1475AB5B1D.jpeg
C3E233CE-0F02-4F9C-A417-616E150D5726.jpeg
1CB76E74-8067-48DA-B42E-B3EE7C7D7E47.jpeg

I can’t. Local machine shop is making me a custom set with a slightly bigger foot and inverted square head and we figured out a design on a one piece adjusting tool. Will post when done

Back