started ran about 100 yards died now no lights at all

HF has been putting out free coupons for the voltmeter #90899. They put them in the one page fliers in some Sunday papers and their monthly sale rag. I found mine in the back of a Readers Digest. About time I've got half dozen of the free 9 led flashlights.

I like the led flaslights, very bright. Unlike the girl who is impressed by a $3 meter from Harbor Frieght.

It's not the meter itself that's impressive; it's your mad skills with it. It takes their breath away.

Okay I havent got to check the charging system. Picked up a voltmeter but my lab decided to eat something that made him throw uo and shit himself constantly so we've been hanging out at the vets office. I got a little work in this afternoon that brings me to a new questin of the electrical nature. The Brake light is not flashing when I press the rear pedal or front brake? The front brake switch looks mangled like someone tried to get it off and didn't know how... The rear just dosn't work how do you know if its' the switches or not? The bulb in the rear is a 12v32/3cpb sr? What do I need to check before I start ordering crap.:confused:

I'm not so sure on that bulb. An 1157 is what most have. Should have two elements. One very bright and one just bright.
On your brake light switches. The front one is on the brake lever. Trace the wires down to where they plug into the harness. Unplug them from the harness. With a jumper, and the key on jump the wires in the harness. This should light the brake light.
The rear is hooked to the brake pivot shaft. If adjusted to tight it will keep the brake light on all the time. To adjust, hold the body, turn the nut. To test just do the same as I described with the front.
If either works by jumping the wires, replace the switch.

Thanks xsleo I really appreciate all the help you have given me. I've got a few days till i leave for Dallas to ssee the family. I'll check out the light issues and hopefully get to the charging system.

Replaced fuse box and lights are working. After Christmas I'll address the charging system I picked up a digital voltmeter but I think its bad I used it one day and went to use it today and wouldn't work just had an H in laft hand corner and point one looked everywhere in manual and it said noting about it. It did say made in China on it.

Back