Starter Block Off kit?

Well, its a fit for sure... Tried it on a Rephased Engine I'm Building.

I didn't bother to sand down the plug, they are meant to be compressed anyhow. Just a dab of RTV and drove it in.. Perfect fit...

100_6024.jpg

100_6025.jpg

100_6026.jpg
G

the thing that gets me is do you have to remove the other small gears, or can you work around them? I have the block off kit, but this looks easier. I dont want to split my cases again to get the gears out.

My Buddy has a CarQuest store, I picked it up there. He had a drawer full of them.
Ok, went to car quest and had to order it, Part#555083 came in a box of 10. So if anyone needs one for $1.12 ea plus shipping (Maybe a $1.00) shoot me an e mail with address and I will mail it. Just mail me a check after. (The honor system)

Thanks,
BT
bryantrippe@msn.com

Oh, It works great. Just put it in the freezer for about 15 minutes then tap it in. Fits like a glove. Thanks everyone for the great tip!!!

Hmmmm....I did not have to split cases to do this on a motor I just got done with. Just pull the cover off and take out the one set of gears, pull off the seal and tap it in!! :wink2:

the thing that gets me is do you have to remove the other small gears, or can you work around them? I have the block off kit, but this looks easier. I dont want to split my cases again to get the gears out.

Ok, went to car quest and had to order it, Part#555083 came in a box of 10. So if anyone needs one for $1.12 ea plus shipping (Maybe a $1.00) shoot me an e mail with address and I will mail it. Just mail me a check after. (The honor system)

Thanks,
BT
bryantrippe@msn.com

Oh, It works great. Just put it in the freezer for about 15 minutes then tap it in. Fits like a glove. Thanks everyone for the great tip!!!

They made You buy a box of them?! Most Parts stores have drawers of all different sized plugs. At least they are cheap!

Angus, the gears you need to remove are the ones behind the small cover. You can remove the gears behind the clutch that engage the engine. The cross shaft and the gear at each end need to stay. The lagre gear on the left eng of the shaft and the shaft are the parts you need to split the case to remove. To keep the large gear and the shaft in place you need the small gear, plate and screw on the right end of the shaft.

Angus, the gears you need to remove are the ones behind the small cover. You can remove the gears behind the clutch that engage the engine. The cross shaft and the gear at each end need to stay.

Not entirely true, I remove the cross shaft and all the gears on the right hand side of the engine as well..

What about the large gear on the left that you need to split the case to get out. Do you leave it in there?
Angus doesn't want to split the cases. So leaving the shaft in place will hold the large gear in place, the small gear and holder hold the shaft in place.

clear as mud guys, but thanks anyways for trying to help me. What I want to know is, if in the future, can I throw the starter motor back in it if I wanted to? it doesnt look like I can tap the plug in were the smaller gears are.

Angus, If you use Mike's block off kit and only remove the gears on the cover, then reinstalling the starter is easy. Pull the cover remove the block off kit. Reinstall the gears on the cover and starter. Back in business.

Back