Starting issues!

and as I said before the cam timing is directly on point sccording to the mega cycle time card and I still had to modify my ignition timing plate to fire... So that statement in this case isn't all that accurate...I had to cut notches way more into the timing plate, and advance it so far that the second screw hole can't be screwed into because the board on the timing plate is blocking it... Which is not feasible to permanently run like that...I only did it to see how far I needed to advance the timing plate in order to run

And I'd rather adjust or find a different ignition to fire when I need it to fire without having to modify it beyond the point of being able to run it stabily that keep adjusting my cam timing when it's dead on with the specs provided by mega cycle...

Yeah, I ised a dial indicated and piston stop for TDC and then used dial and gauge on the intake valve to dial it in in to the correct degree it should be. And I've been talking with Hoos about it all and he suggested I put the clearance at .006 for both intake and exhaust as opposed to the site saying .010 for intake and .012 for exhaust.

Back