Stator/alternator disaster

the red wire that goes to pamco, e-advance and coil needs to be +12 there may be a separate fuse on that wire. Pamco recommends installing a 7 amp fuse for ONLY that circuit. OK you said handlebars do tell; what did you do at handlebars??? The ignition power wire runs through the RH switch. Clues Watson! I can smell the clues floating on the gentle summer breeze.!
I replaced the handlebars. Electronic starter works fine, everything is turning over as it should, but just just no ignition.

So I pulled the plugs and this is what they look like.
20180509_123420.jpg

Could be the coil, or the power line feeding the coil, or the power to the Pamco. There's a fuse on the ignition power line, maybe it just blew. Also, after the fuse, the ignition power line passes through the kill switch on it's way to the coil.

I would start back near the power source (battery), at the fuse block. Power runs from the battery to and through a 20 amp fuse there, then on up to the key switch. A power line runs back from the key, splits 3 ways, and runs through fuses to power all the stuff on the bike .....

050OLGl.jpg

You'll be focusing mostly on the Ignition fuse. Make sure it has power going into and out of it (with the key on). Next step down that line would be checking for power on the red (or red/white) at the coil. Yes, the tank will have to come off for that.

For the hell of it I put on new plugs, and now we've got a spark! Bike starts up runs great! I did notice one thing however, completely unrelated to it starting. When I tighten the case down, the kickstand will no longer kick, like it's held in place. If I loosen it up it kicks fine. But if I keep it loose the bolts Come Undone . solutions for this?

I tighten the case down, the kickstand will no longer kick, like it's held in place. If I loosen it up it kicks fine. But if I keep it loose the bolts Come Undone . solutions for this?

Kick stand or kick starter? Be very careful here; getting the kickstarter back in "just so" can be a daunting task. Was it working before you had the RH side cover off? Are you running the engine with the cover loose?:umm: Get things wrong and tighten the cover and you can break something.

For the hell of it I put on new plugs, and now we've got a spark! Bike starts up runs great! I did notice one thing however, completely unrelated to it starting. When I tighten the case down, the kickstand will no longer kick, like it's held in place. If I loosen it up it kicks fine. But if I keep it loose the bolts Come Undone . solutions for this?
I assume you mean kickstarter. You’ll need to either drain the oil or lean your bike to the left and take that cover off. Something isn’t assembled right in there m.

Back