StCin's hardtail build thread. first bike, first build.

the tach eliminator is basically just a plug and the speedo eliminator replaces the piece that the speedo would of connected to on the front wheel. Just for looks really.

Lookin good man. Did you get the fender strut kit from tc bros? Thats where I got mine. That built well seat looks killer. I am trying my hand at making my own seat pan and hinge if it doesnt work out I'll probably go with a builtwell alloy hinge and a seat from redtail leather(his stuff is incredible). Are you gonna hardtail it or do a bratstyle?

Lookin good man. Did you get the fender strut kit from tc bros? Thats where I got mine. That built well seat looks killer. I am trying my hand at making my own seat pan and hinge if it doesnt work out I'll probably go with a builtwell alloy hinge and a seat from redtail leather(his stuff is incredible). Are you gonna hardtail it or do a bratstyle?

I got the fender and strut kit from monstercraftsman but yes the strut kit is made by tc bros.
I love the seat, I just wish they made it in some cooler colors.
Im going with a tc bros hardtail but I'm having monstercraftsman put it on. I emailed tc bros likes twice to have them do it and I never got a reply. So I emailed Jon at MC and he got back to me right away. There customer service is great so the 25 extra bucks they charge is worth it IMO.

Hey Alex is that the ribbed fender ?
I finally found a XS having it shipped from Mississippi it was for sale here on the site for 1k. It will be a GREAT foundation for my rigid bobber, only wish mine had spoke rims and not mags but thinking they will grow on me.

What are they charging you to weld in the hard tail ?

As soon as I get it I will start a thread so we can follow each others progress !!

:cheers:

Hey how much to ship me the megaphone end of those pipes to 78239 ?

Last edited:
the tach eliminator is basically just a plug and the speedo eliminator replaces the piece that the speedo would of connected to on the front wheel. Just for looks really.
I saw the tach piece but is the speedo piece from monstercraftsman as well?

No need for tachs. :thumbsup:

Check out Hughs for the speedo delete.
100_6784.jpg

Hey Alex is that the ribbed fender ?
I finally found a XS having it shipped from Mississippi it was for sale here on the site for 1k. It will be a GREAT foundation for my rigid bobber, only wish mine had spoke rims and not mags but thinking they will grow on me.

What are they charging you to weld in the hard tail ?

As soon as I get it I will start a thread so we can follow each others progress !!

:cheers:

Hey how much to ship me the megaphone end of those pipes to 78239 ?

It has a slight rib in it. just enough, i like it a lot.
They charge 280 for the hardtail alone but you can send them your frame and they will put a hardtail on it and send it back for 350. That's what i'm doing. I have enough welding skill to weld on the neck gussets, seat mounts, ect. but I'd feel more comfortable having them weld the hardtail. I dont wanna be riding down the road and have my welds break. :doh:
As far as the pipes go I was trying to sell it as a full exhaust but send me a pm with an offer and maybe we can work something out.

alright guys well it's been a few days since ive posted anything on here so I figured i'd give a little update.
The frame is hacked up and at Monstercraftsman to have the hardtail put on. The rest of the welding ill be doing myself with a small MIG welder. So while I'm waiting for the frame I've just been prepping things for powdercoating.
I'm trying to compile a list of all the parts I still need and I'm having a hard time finding a few.

In particular, I cant find anywhere to buy the spacers for my rear hub. I need the right and left spacer for the hub in the picture below. If you know where to buy them or if you have some please speak up!
6810025225_1bba9e3a0e_z.jpg

Tomorrow Im going to start prepping the engine for paint so ill snap some pics of my progress and post them up.

In particular, I cant find anywhere to buy the spacers for my rear hub. I need the right and left spacer for the hub in the picture below. If you know where to buy them or if you have some please speak up!

Looks like a fun build. I'm in the same boat as you looking for spacers. Never could find any so I bought a lathe to make my own :D Now if it would just show up!

Looks like a fun build. I'm in the same boat as you looking for spacers. Never could find any so I bought a lathe to make my own :D Now if it would just show up!

If they work out well ill pay you to make me some!
:thumbsup:

It would help if I knew exactly what year the wheel is from.
Can anyone tell from the picture?

The engines been out for a couple weeks now but I just started working on it yesterday. Got some of the covers off to get them ready for paint. The kick start mechanism popped out in the process and I had a hell of a time trying to figure out how to get it back in, but I got it eventually.
6826912019_61b9a5a08a_z.jpg

6826915589_75d6d28bff_z.jpg

Also I sand blasted some of the parts to prep them for powdercoating so hopefully I can get them painted this week.

6826905107_3dca22c07f_z.jpg

6826908497_88feb7a68f_z.jpg

Build looks great so far. Your pretty much on the same path as me. I just got done blasting my engine and rims too. I left my rims together as I dont want to bother with relacing the wheels right now. I might still disassemble them and polish everything up. I'll be posting some build pics in the next few days. I never had any problems with T.C bros. I ordered my tank from monstercrafstman though and you are right their custmer service is great. I think I'm gonna go with their chain tensioner if I dont end up bulding my own first.

hey guys new to the site. i am also looking for the spacers for the rear wheel. i have a tc brothers hardtail. anyone know what size spacers i will need? thanks mike

I got a few small packages of parts this week.

From LobBrow Customs I bought A set of gran turismo grips, aluminum throttle assembly, 3 inch seat springs, universal brake light switch, XS650 chopper wiring harness, and a blacked out reproduction 1933 ford tail light.

6932908697_271cf0bcbd_z.jpg

6932913801_9b6f479ab5_z.jpg

6786795286_2d416ac6c4_z.jpg

From Mikesxs.com I bought a new rear axel, stainless spokes for both wheels and a set of fork gaiters.
6786800168_aeb1bbe59a_z.jpg

I sent my frame off a few weeks ago to get the hardtail put on. I got an email Wednesday and my frame will be here tomorrow. I'll post a pic when i get it.

Are you using the weld on mounts with the reeper pins for the frame side to mount those springs ? Mine have LOTS OF LATERAL movement going to have to make some spacers to get mine to quit moving around. Let me know how yours fit.

Back