StCin's hardtail build thread. first bike, first build.

Hurry up and put them on then want to see what to see what it looks like !

You might have quite the wait till I put them in. I'm considering waiting until I'm done with the first build up before I put them in, because I'll be taking them apart to paint once the bike is done and I'd rather not have to mess with the springs twice ha. It will be more like a finishing touch

Did you get a 1" throttle? I have been looking for a 7/8s and all mostercraft sells is 1" stuff for Harley not 7/8...

I got a package from ebay and Monster Craftsman today. This was the last big chunk of money I'm gunna have to spend. The only things I need to buy now is a brake pivot mount from Hugh and my pipes from Pandemonium Choppers. I'll worry about buying paint once the first build up is done. I'm sure there might be a few more miscellaneous things to buy but for now I'm set. I eventually want to buy a pamco ignition and a PMA swap kit. But Those things can wait.
Here's what I got today:

Rear brake pivot shaft and brake rod from a guy on ebay.

6873450682_494efb21b3_z.jpg

Tire tubes and rims strips
6873459326_e7731ec0ec_z.jpg

4.5 inch headlight and headlight mount from Monster Craftsman.
6873453396_553c4d1071_z.jpg

Firestone M/C Deluxe Champion Tires. 450-18 rear, 400-19 front.
6873455502_6d04ef6400_z.jpg

7019562581_48bd118e82_z.jpg

Dude i tol ju you coulda had the pivot just had to cover shipping.

I remembered you saying that but I found this one on ebay with the brake rod and spring for less than I would of payed for them separate. Thanks anyway though man I appreciate the kind gesture.

Not much progress as of lately. Got the tires on the wheels and put them on. Got the tank mounts from hugh welded on. Ill post a pic with the tank and wheel setup soon. But in the mean time I thought I'd post a pick of my new toy. I wanted something to ride until I got the Xs done and my credit union just repoed this so I bid in their auction and won.
It's a 2001 Gsxr 1000.
The fairings are trash and it needs mirrors and a new ignition switch and gas cap but it rides great and it's scary fast. Should do fine for now. I plan to fix it, sell it, and make a pretty large profit.

6926340610_37187cdab8_b.jpg

Ever since I bought the Suzuki I've been spending all my time and money fixing it up so I can sell it quick so I haven't had much time for the xs. But the past couple days I got some work done.

The tank bungs are welded in and they work awesome. Thank Hugh!
I grinded out the old gussets and welded in the new ones from monstercraftsman. I also welded the seat mounts on. The tires were a total bitch and I had to take the front one on and off about 4 times because I fucked up the tube at first.
The most obvious change is that the motor is in. Wasn't as hard as I thought but the carbs were a tight sqeeze.

It's starting to look like a motorcycle.

7217695686_fbf72fc81a_c.jpg

7217690740_91e8c9775a.jpg

7217681414_6afa16139f.jpg

I've gotten some more progress done in the past month but I've been going at a pretty slow pace. I need to step it up because I'm moving at the end of August and I won't have a workspace. Here's a few pics of what I've been doing.

Got the faux oil tank, brake anchor rod and battery box welded. The box is obviously just tacked in this picture but its finished now.

7510298624_d6000de9b4_c.jpg

I received my new pipes from Pandemonium Choppers and they look awesome. I'm probably gunna heat wrap them in white.
7510314726_4cc6a8cee1_c.jpg

I also installed the new headlight and taillight bracket. I'm gunna start wiring this week. Where is a good place to get colored wire by the foot? I need colors other than the obvious red black and green.
7510327658_f5405c2ed2_c.jpg

7510360732_f15443a6b9_c.jpg

7510344580_4c06a6bc95_c.jpg

good work, even if it's slow and go.

my project is moving at the exact same pace and looks strikingly similar to yours, tank surface rust included! we're living parallel project lives.

I just finished the rear brake stay, electronic mounts, will be welding in HHB tank bungs soon, and even have a set of Pandemonium pipes sitting under the work table. Also, I'm looking for a cool wiring source.

keep it up,
avenue.

Back