StCin's hardtail build thread. first bike, first build.

Yeah same ones, got mine from TC Brothers. the pin on those is like 3/8" while the largest opening on the spring is 7/8". Going to have to fabricate something to keep them from rattling around, let me know what you come up with.

Last edited:
Interested in seeing the frame. So Monster used the TC hardtail? or they have their own?

They use the tc bros hartail. I was gunna have tc bros put it on but they don't like to reply to emails apparently and I already had amazing customer service from monstercraftsman so I had them do it.

Yeah same ones, got mine from TC Brothers. the pin on those is like 3/8" while the largest opening on the spring is 7/8". Going to have to fabricate something to keep them from rattling around, let me know what you come up with.

if it comes down to it ill just wrap some electric tape around the piece that sticks out so it's big enough to not let them rattle. I could probably figure out something more practical but I'm sure the tape idea would work if I need it to.

Finally got my frame back!:D
I had monstercraftsman do it and the turn around time was actually very fast. Just over 3 weeks, which isn't to bad at all if you ask me.
I couldn't be more happy with the results. As soon as I get out of school today I'm gunna start doing as much work as possible to the bike. If I get anything worth while done tonight ill post some pics.

6935546027_495b2d8d82_z.jpg

6935549935_9eac13f8d7_z.jpg

6789445376_bc6fd7123a_z.jpg

I took my upper triple clamp, risers, hubs, rims, and from motor mount to the powdercoater at 11am this morning. At 430 I got a call saying they were done. That's what I call service.

Here are some pics.

6945388695_4331aeba9b_z.jpg

6799275186_d3a46dc1e9_z.jpg

After about an hour or so the first wheel is all laced up. I just looked up how to do it and it turned out fine. A local shop was gunna charge me $200 PER WHEEL so I said fuck that and did it myself. I will pay to have them trued but that's far less than what I would of payed so I'm happy. I'm starting to lace the front now and it should be done in another couple hours haha.

6799280502_43f4aecb58_z.jpg

6945393435_f58130c9a9_z.jpg

Just outta cerosity what did the guy charge for powdercoating those parts ?

LOOKS GOOD !!!!

As for me just about done tack welding everything to my frame then I can send off to be tig welded while I am ay Disney World for a week !!

Just outta cerosity what did the guy charge for powdercoating those parts ?

LOOKS GOOD !!!!

As for me just about done tack welding everything to my frame then I can send off to be tig welded while I am ay Disney World for a week !!

it was $100. My grandpa knows the guy so I'd like to think I got a deal, but to be honest I dont now anything about powdercoating so I'm sure if that's a bargain or not. But considering I got my parts back in about 5 hours, I'd say it was a good buy.

I've been really busy with mid terms and a 15 page Psych paper so I haven't had much time to work on the bike lately. But I'm on spring break now so I got a chance today to make some progress.

Got the front end back on today. Putting all those ball bearings in one at a time and trying to hold parts in place is a bitch with only two hands. I also installed Hughs solid riser bushings and tc bros drag bars. The quality of hughs parts are awesome. I ordered his lowering kit also and I've only heard great things about it.

6985791369_93e0db4bd3_z.jpg

6839672938_bc55d42ce3_z.jpg

6985798325_5ba2ba34d3_z.jpg

That's it for now.
More updates soon..

Damn fine start! Youre buying all the stuff I wanna buy... (damn you) but it looks like its coming together good. Keep the updates coming! I ordered the hairpin springs cause I hear they wobble less than the barrel springs. Having never used or even sat on either type, can anyone confirm this?

Bike is coming along. One word of advice would be to upgrade your stem bearings to the tapered rollers, and lose the original ball bearings.

Damn fine start! Youre buying all the stuff I wanna buy... (damn you) but it looks like its coming together good. Keep the updates coming! I ordered the hairpin springs cause I hear they wobble less than the barrel springs. Having never used or even sat on either type, can anyone confirm this?

I wanted the haripin springs because in my opinion they look "cleaner" but I heard they wouldnt fit on the mounts I bought. I come to find out they would fit:doh: but I already bought the other ones so im not to worried about it. as far the wobble, I have heard that the haripin springs are much better. The barrels seam to move back and forth.

What drop did you get ? I have the 2" but have yet to install it.

I got the 3 inch. I would of gone lower if he made them:thumbsup:

Back