still unable to troubleshoot spark issue

marv....,

It's possible that they had an effect, but probably did not cause any damage. We'll see when you get back at it. My suspicion is that you may have a low battery under load, even as small as the ignition system. You will also get a better view of the test spark plug using the spin the rotor procedure.

you probably drained it doing that. charge it to 12.5v, check it in a few hours to make sure it holds, should still be 12.5v. put a 12v light bulb on and with a multimeter watch voltage to see if it drops. if it drops immediately the battery is bad..

a new battery can still be bad. only way to know is a load test

pete-

i removed the rotor and was unable to remove the pin so i removed the slotted disc on the advance side. reinstalled the rotor lightly tightened up the nut, grounded out one of my plugs, turn ignition switch on and spun rotor with no spark happening.

i also picked up a couple Autolite #63 plugs

1 plug reads 7.4 ohms
1 plug reads 5.5 ohms
plug cap to plug cap reads 13.6 ohms

total of 26.5 ohms

not sure why one plug is reading higher than the other.

when going with the removing the slotted disc procedure should the rotor be installed back on the locating pin? i did not slide it over the locating pin, just pushed the rod in a little and reinstalled rotor and spun.

marvin....,

OK. I guess it's going to be #3. I'll PM the return address.

I have to think that there is something about your setup, but I just don't know what it is, but we'll get it sorted out.

Back