Straight cable to rear drum?!?

alex f

Anything xs
Reaction score
has anyone seen this before?! I was eating my morning toast and wonderd if anyone has ran a bmx cable from the bars to an anchor and then rigged it to the rear drum. No solid linkage other then where the cable anchors? Im feeling creative.

asked similer questions and was told by a few people would be unlikely to get enough pressure to operate the rear drum brake properly unless using a long lever (ie not thumb operated) , how true , don't know

asked similer questions and was told by a few people would be unlikely to get enough pressure to operate the rear drum brake properly unless using a long lever (ie not thumb operated) , how true , don't know
Hmm good point. I assumed this much and being that it will be my only break until i can find a dual disc set up i like, i feel like its a no go. How ever i may go from a foot lever to a cable if i can find a way to make it work. The issue im having is i cant find a clear route from my feet to my drup. I got these mini megaphone pipes i made up that make mounting shit tricky

Attachments

• IMG_1270.JPG
    IMG_1270.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 100
if you find a method can you post it up , be very intrested,was also told the thumb brake will work on a disc brake rear end

The issue im having is i cant find a clear route from my feet to my drup. I got these mini megaphone pipes i made up that make mounting shit tricky

Super PITA man, I'm going through the same pains right now while trying to prep for a safety inspection with mufflers installed. Looking at your pic, is it safe to assume you are going to do forward controls? If so there's a potential solution with the TC Bros rear weld on pivot. Take a close look at how they setup that rear drum rod

IMG_5211.JPG

If you note how far forward they have it installed, it just may give you the clearance needed for the megaphone on that side, but that's a big ol'maybe. You'd be clear and safe if ya had a longer set of headers that pushed beyond the cutch cover.

Mine was welded on prior to me getting the frame and way too far backwards if running mufflers. I do not have a contact point (contrary to pic) on the eyelet bolt/nut - but it's damn close. I have to fab up a fancy TC like rod also this weekend.

IMG_5212.JPG

Back