street tracker opinion needed

bradshaw106

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I am in the process of gathering parts for my next build. After building my chopper I decided that I want more of an upright riding position. so Im going with a street tracker style.
My question is what do you think of running 16" front and rear?? any foreseeable problems? I realize that a "tracker" tends to run 19" Im just tossing the idea around and I like the supermoto look

I like your thinking! The usual SM wheel diameter is 17" and you'll find a lot more rubber available in that size than in either 16" or 19". I don't know how far you like to pitch 'em over, but if it's a problem you can compensate for lost ground clearance with taller shocks and fork tubes. You might think about using a complete front end and box swingarm from the same source as the wheels; Zook SV650 stuff is cheap and available, and should work nicely with a few tweaks.

I already have a set of inverted forks Im going to use. I will look into sv stuff... I kind of like the spoked look but im not apposed to mags.. one reason I say 16" is because i can scrounge some harley stuff, fairly easy.

I also want to run a 16" wire front wheel. The problem I have so far is that I have a 82 heritage special that ran a different amount of spokes compared to the standard version. I believe if I can get a hub from a standard version that is a 36 spoke I could use it with the 36 spoke 16" wheel that Mikes sells.

Back