street tracker wheels

ronn

XS650 Member
Reaction score
first of all im new here .Im an ol flat track racer from the seventies and its still in my blood.I just bought my fiest xs650 and im planning a street tracker.My question is,has anyone ever used a 19" front wheel with the front disk and caliper on the rear of a tracker?If so whats involved in adapting it to the rear? Thanks guys

first of all im new here .Im an ol flat track racer from the seventies and its still in my blood.I just bought my fiest xs650 and im planning a street tracker.My question is,has anyone ever used a 19" front wheel with the front disk and caliper on the rear of a tracker?If so whats involved in adapting it to the rear? Thanks guys

You can't use the front disc or caliper on the rear. However, if yours came with a rear disc setup you can use that, with Omar's kit. Otherwise you'll have to get a disc swingarm, or do a whole lot of fabrication.

thanks guys,the omars kit looks interesting but was wondering bout leaving the front disc on the wheel and useing it,instead of swapping it for a rear disc,for one thing it runs closer to the inside of the wheel and the swing arm wouldnt have to be swaped for a rear disc model,just throwing it out there.

thanks guys,the omars kit looks interesting but was wondering bout leaving the front disc on the wheel and useing it,instead of swapping it for a rear disc,for one thing it runs closer to the inside of the wheel and the swing arm wouldnt have to be swaped for a rear disc model,just throwing it out there.

ya know, i'm no expert, and you can make anything fit anything, i'm just goin' with what more experienced people have told me. You might give Hugh a call, he's a regular on here, a nice guy and a straight shooter, he has a bit of experience with these critters- http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG...1223120/**http://hughshandbuilt.blogspot.com/, and he'll give you the straight scoop.

This is the only option I'm aware of; unless you plan on milling out your own adapters.

Wronka Toy

He did an omar conversion.

You can run a front wheel w/ disc on the back whether it's spoked or mag, but you will need spacers and adapters (Omar's kit) and to mount the caliper you will need to fab a bracket or get your hands on a swingarm from a model w/ a rear disc, and it should all bolt right into place. You also need brake lever and reservoir.

im building a street tracker to and i think the front disk may not work on the back unless you clearance your swing arm but much easier is to get a rear disk off a xs 750 or i believe a xs 1100 will work i got a new master cylinder and ss brake line from mikes the omars conversion kit will work with spokes or mags.

I'm using a 19 inch rear wheel with rear disc on my tracker with a Yamaha Radian swingarm. The swingarm looks better and is stronger then the stock one. The radian takes the same size axle as the 19 inch front wheel, just have to make new spacers.

The front brake rotor is 11.7 inch diameter, the rear rotor is a 10.5 inch diameter. If you want the larger rotor then you will have to fab up a caliper bracket to move the caliper out so it will work on the 11.7 inch rotor.

ok guys,i just picked up an 18" rear disc wheel,wouldnt it be easier and cheaper to just lace a 19" rim to this hub?

As Jimmy says, if you got an 18 inch spoked disc brake rear wheel it didn't come from an XS650. Yamaha never made a spoke disc brake rear wheel for the XS650. I don't think they put a spoked disc brake rear wheel on any street bikes.

you guys are right ,its not an xs wheel,you guys know more about my bike than i do,it dose say yamaha on the caliper tho.

postpics.gif

Back