Stupid things to do on a motorcycle !

LOL I'm trying to make my stories SHORT sense you guys have short attention spans but it ain't easy !
sorry for the long winded stories guys ! ..... that's short to me ! HA !
Those same guys rode all over the jones valley campground and tore the hell out of the ground everywhere
now there is NO Motorcycles allowed off road anywhere at the lake..... if your riding along the shore line they can site you !
..... hell , now with the new found powers the game wardens have they can probably shoot ya !
when my buddies and I rode we went out backbone.... no body cared.... or perhaps the lake and stayed on the shore line
not tearing up the country side..... but not everyone does and because those few that didn't the rest of us suffer
.... I rode my 305 dream along the shore line one time took my fishing pole and parked on a point and did some fishing and took a good long dip in the cool water ...it was over 100 degrees that day...... as I'm packing up to leave a patrol boat pulls up and an older pot bellied guy gets out and walks up to me and says Your Robert arn't you ? I couldn't help but be suprised but said Yes I sure am ! who are you?
I can't remember his name right now, but he said His son had a skii-do that wouldn't start..... got it in the boat down there if you wann'a take a look... I said sure..... looking him over I knoticed his sheriff badge right off, and he was obviously on duty.....
it seams that his sons skii-do quit on him in the back of beyond and he went and rescued him..... his son was in the boat too....
we popped the engine cover and looked it over and I saw that the in line fuel filter had crap in it... i mentioned that it may well be plugged...
and the guy went to his big locker and pulled out about 6 more and said what size do ya need ? , he kept a bunch because that was a major reason most boats won't run..... believe it or not he actually had one that was the right size ! I swapped it out in a hart beat and hit the starter..... it took it a while and after slapping my hand over the carb it finally fired up the son was elated ! and jumping for joy
the sheriff and I were laughing so hard by the time we got it all buttoned up and back in the water we were both shaking our heads
he was about 12yrs old.....the kid hits the starter and it fires up and he's up skiing on that thing in a flash.....
I said Dam man that looks like allot of fun ! the sheriff said oh it is but the things that kid can do on that thing scares me to death !
I said I don't doubt it ! ..... he asked how much he owed me and I said for what ? heck I just lent a hand ! you don't owe me a thing.
we walked back to the bike and he told me of the recent new laws that you cannot ride your bike on the shore line anymore I was dumbfounded ! so he explained why.... he said some guys on Big yellow suzuki 2 strokes tore the hell out of the entire campground
we had chp sheriff and helicopters looking for them bastards but never did find any of them.....
I said Oh really ! well, I may know them..... I will tell them to steer clear of jones valley..... And the shore line ! he smiled and said you do that !
I told Opie, the guy on the Yamaha 360mx about it and he told them.....
I never saw them again.... last I hurd they were terrorizing the other side of town ! ..... driving over cars that were too slow and stuff like that....
...... I can't abide that kind of behaviour..... not then and not now..... I'ed shoot'em ! lol
but I learned just because they have a bike don't make them good people ! ( that took a while to sink in though) HAHAHAH
Bob.......

LOL I'm trying to make my stories SHORT sense you guys have short attention spans but it ain't easy !
Those same guys rode all over the jones valley campground and tore the hell out of the ground everywhere
now there is NO Motorcycles allowed off road anywhere at the lake..... if your riding along the shore line they can site you !
..... hell , now with the new found powers the game wardens have they can probably shoot ya !
when my buddies and I rode we went out backbone.... no body cared.... or perhaps the lake and stayed on the shore line
not tearing up the country side..... but not everyone does and because those few that didn't the rest of us suffer
.... I rode my 305 dream along the shore line one time took my fishing pole and parked on a point and did some fishing and took a good long dip in the cool water ...it was over 100 degrees that day...... as I'm packing up to leave a patrol boat pulls up and an older pot bellied guy gets out and walks up to me and says Your Robert aren't you ? I couldn't help but be surprised but said Yes I sure am ! who are you?
I can't remember his name right now, but he said His son had a skii-do that wouldn't start..... got it in the boat down there if you wanna take a look... I said sure..... looking him over I knoticed his sheriff badge right off, and he was obviously on duty.....
it seams that his sons ski-do quit on him in the back of beyond and he went and rescued him..... his son was in the boat too....
we popped the engine cover and looked it over and I saw that the in line fuel filter had crap in it... i mentioned that it may well be plugged...
and the guy went to his big locker and pulled out about 6 more and said what size do ya need ? , he kept a bunch because that was a major reason most boats won't run..... believe it or not he actually had one that was the right size ! I swapped it out in a hart beat and hit the starter..... it took it a while and after slapping my hand over the carb it finally fired up the son was elated ! and jumping for joy
the sheriff and I were laughing so hard by the time we got it all buttoned up and back in the water we were both shaking our heads
he was about 12yrs old.....the kid hits the starter and it fires up and he's up skiing on that thing in a flash.....
I said Dam man that looks like allot of fun ! the sheriff said oh it is but the things that kid can do on that thing scares me to death !
I said I don't doubt it ! ..... he asked how much he owed me and I said for what ? heck I just lent a hand ! you don't owe me a thing.
we walked back to the bike and he told me of the recent new laws that you cannot ride your bike on the shore line anymore I was dumbfounded ! so he explained why.... he said some guys on Big yellow suzuki 2 strokes tore the hell out of the entire campground
we had chp sheriff and helicopters looking for them bastards but never did find any of them.....
I said Oh really ! well, I may know them..... I will tell them to steer clear of jones valley..... And the shore line ! he smiled and said you do that !
I never saw them again.... last I heard they were terrorizing the other side of town ! ..... driving over cars that were too slow and stuff like that....
...... I can't abide that kind of behaviour..... not then and not now..... I'ed shoot'em ! lol
but I learned just because they have a bike don't make them good people ! ( that took a while to sink in though) HAHAHAH
Bob.......

.... I rode my 305 dream along the shore line one time took my fishing pole and parked on a point and did some fishing and took a good long dip in the cool water ...it was over 100 degrees that day...... as I'm packing up to leave a patrol boat pulls up and an older pot bellied guy gets out and walks up to me and says Your Robert aren't you ? I couldn't help but be surprised but said Yes I sure am ! who are you?
I can't remember his name right now, but he said His son had a skii-do that wouldn't start..... got it in the boat down there if you wanna take a look... I said sure..... looking him over I knoticed his sheriff badge right off, and he was obviously on duty.....
it seams that his sons ski-do quit on him in the back of beyond and he went and rescued him..... his son was in the boat too....
I never saw them again.... last I heard they were terrorizing the other side of town ! ..... driving over cars that were too slow and stuff like that....
Bob.......

the funny part is .... I never did find out how he knew me on sight..... I think through My Girls Dad who was a Sheriff Deputy at the time
seams Dad was checking up on me ! LOL but that's ok I have nothing but respect for the Sheriff , not so much the CHP, or Police....
but the Sheriff I'ed do anything for !
Helps I guess to have been married to his daughter for 45 years or so now and know of some of the Hundreds of times he put his life on the line..... if the rest are half of what my father in law was , they are top notch guys doing the RIGHT thing at the right time !
hehehehhee you don't get the officer of the year award for nothing or win at every target shoot off.... he's quite a fella !
Bob.....

the funny part is .... I never did find out how he knew me on sight..... I think through My Girls Dad who was a Sheriff Deputy at the time
seams Dad was checking up on me ! LOL but that's ok I have nothing but respect for the Sheriff , not so much the CHP, or Police....
Helps I guess to have been married to his daughter for 45 years or so now and know of some of the Hundreds of times he put his life on the line..... if the rest are half of what my father in law was , they are top notch guys doing the RIGHT thing at the right time !
hehehehhee you don't get the officer of the year award for nothing or win at every target shoot off
he's quite a fella !
Bob........

you don't get the officer of the year award for nothing or win at every target shoot off
he's quite a fella !
Bob........

Ah, I can think of one or two indiscretions:

IMG_0720.JPG

My Uncle gave me his old scooter back in 1975. It was a Puch R125. Now for the indiscretions:
  1. I owned a Puch R125
  2. I was photographed sitting on it
  3. I then posted the photo on a forum for the world to see
Not very smart was I........

Oh Paul....dear me!

How....embarrassing. ;)

Say though, is that a 1976 Yamaha XS650 you’re about to have a draw with?

May I ask who won....:lmao:?

hay even a scooter is better than a bicycle ! or walking ! ...their fun too ! HAHAHAH!
but the name alone is an embarrassment ..... I wonder who came up with it ! LOL
Bob.......

MaxPete, the real bike in the photo is my Brother Inlaw's RD400. It was impressive to ride. One day he was showing off with me on the back and he drove straight into a RADAR TRAP. Poor Guy, but it was a bit stupid what he was doing.

not sure if stupid is the right term for last sat... went to the local dirt bike drags and had to leave early .. now 2 things on my xs give me trouble , the starter and 2nd gear.. both of which only seem to play up when a lot of people are around .. went to start the bike and only got the very loud wirling sound (mikes bendex spring) normally when happens after 3-6 trys it normally finally catchs but ever now and then will not catch at all .. so naturally with people around it was one of those times , now iv got a fked leg so cant kick start it , finally grabbed a bloke to kick it over for me (now lots of people watching) he started it , I hopped on and took off so naturally wouldnt go into 2nd (false nutral.... I think I may have a bent selector fork but wont know till I pull it down but normally will go in at low revs but sometimes ?) took 2 attempts going back to first then trying again with the accompanying engine noise as it only found nutral so felt like a real twat ...after all a REAL BIKER can kick his own bike over and find his gears cant he

MaxPete, the real bike in the photo is my Brother Inlaw's RD400. It was impressive to ride. One day he was showing off with me on the back and he drove straight into a RADAR TRAP. Poor Guy, but it was a bit stupid what he was doing.

Ahhhhh....a ring-ding. Yeah, a lot of young men had “frank and open” conversations with the local coppers while seated on a ring-ding.

I wonder if it is true that Yamaha chose the moniker “RD” for their two-stroke street bikes because it stood for “ring-ding”?

Oddly, the distinctive sound and smoke trail of the ring-ding seemed to attract the constabulary.....even more effectively than the “nice”, “quiet” and “responsible” Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha four-strokes that....your present scribbler used to ride. As I used to point out to my two-stoke buddies, it’s hard to be fast when you spend so much of your Saturday evenings stopped beside the roadway, chatting with a police officer. ;)

Ah, I can think of one or two indiscretions:

View attachment 107350

My Uncle gave me his old scooter back in 1975. It was a Puch R125. Now for the indiscretions:
  1. I owned a Puch R125
  2. I was photographed sitting on it
  3. I then posted the photo on a forum for the world to see
Not very smart was I........

Yea but who's got the chick on the back..........:rock:

True enough Skull - true enough! She probably didn’t want to get injector oil on her nylon stockings.

So Paul...is that young lady the present Mrs. Sutton?

MaxPete, I am the one on the Green Lady Trap and you can see just how well it works. The girl sitting behind me is my sister inlaw who is married to my big brother who is standing at the back of the Green Beast. On the blue RD400E is my big sister who married Geoff - the owner of the RD. In the background is my father.

The photo was taken in Heriot (Population 221), West Otago, New Zealand.

Cool - and yes, that lady has great taste. That Puch truly is a magnet for the distaff side...especially with such a handsome dog piloting it!

Back