Suddenly, no ignition / startup?

Just solved it.
I was getting lowered voltage right after the fuse prior to motor kill switch. It had be a bit squirrelly too, for example if I took a reading with kill switch off it would be like 7-8 V, but reading at same spot prior to kill switch but with that switch in Run, the voltage would go down even more.
So I thought it must be down stream somehow, since the switch was connecting me down stream and sinking voltage somewhere.
But I decided to just rebuild that fuse connection’s second half, where the reading was being taken.
I’m truly not sure why it worked, but with a fresh connection immediately post fuse, there’s a solid 12V reading throughout the whole bike on this circuit spot.

So here we go. I had just done a whole list of chores to try and solve some engine lumpiness, such as air filter cleaning, some carb work, new carb boots, disassembled and cleaned out tank, new tank seal to keep accidental rain/moisture out, and some other stuff I’ve forgotten.

Fist time firing it up in a week. Will report back.

Welp, starts up nicely!
However, the last couple weeks of investigation and labor has had no results. :/
Maybe I’ll start a new thread since it’s got nothing to do with what this thread has been about.
Or maybe it does!!

Hey all,
So i had my bike out of commission for a few days to do some basic engine work, mostly to do with the carbs and boots and fuel lines, but then i also took the opportunity to do a few simple re routing of wires going to tail lights and signals. Didn't change anything, just relocated the wires and tied them here or there to keep them out of the way.

When i hooked everything back up, i turned the key one click and got no lights whatsoever on gauges. So i turned it back off and disconnected negative and went through all the wires and found some dodgy connections and tightened them. I also noticed that one wire connection was a bit exposed and had been resting against some of the frame. So then i checked all the fuses to see if i had blown one upon startup. All the fuses are good.

So i hook up the battery again and turn the key, but this time i get some lights on the gauges. However, when i go to actually fire up the button, i get no reaction at all. No sound or click or anything. So again i disconnect the battery and check out the throttle wiring. In the past, the ground wire between the engine run switch and frame had a bad connection and needed to be fastened better and then the run button worked. So i thought maybe this was the case again but after trying a few times it didn't do anything.

I get all lights/accessories. horn, signals. But no ignition activity when pressing the button.

So i looked throughly through all wiring on as much of the bike as possible, in particular where i was rerouting some wires. I checked all of them multiple times, and found some weak connections so recreated them.

However, i found something that's not attached. I don't know there it is supposed to go though. Please see attached picture. It is a yellow wire with a green stripe, and it's taped up on the end. I looked in the service manual wiring diagram for my bike and didn't find anything yellow-green that this made sense to be other than to do with turn signals. I don't know why it's not connected. I just got this bike a month or so ago, and hadn't noticed this wire. When i saw it today, i saw it tucked down pretty low in there so hadn't noticed it until digging around.

Any ideas what could be causing the ignitition/run to do nothing at all when the button is pressed? Could i have maybe blown something when trying to fire it up? Any ideas what this yellow/green wire might be? View attachment 144679
I'm trying to rewire a new to me bike. I have looked everywhere to see the wiring from the HID 03-01 ignition box to the coils. I am missing this section of wiring. The 2 wires that come out of the coils are the same colors on all 3. Could you take a picture of the right side of your ignition box and the wires that plug into your coil? or does anyone have the Pinout schematic on the 8-pin and the 6-pin coming off the ignition box? I can't find this anywhere. Thanks in advance!

Back