Suggest a diagram

Using the CDI to ground kill, dirt bike style, does anyone know the amp rating necessary for a switch not to melt. Or since its ground is current not a issue?

Hugh,

I got everything installed lights working, but now today lights are dead, reflector diode test looks good but the reflector regulator is getting super hot putting out only 3v and the yellow wires started to smoke? Thoughs

Yes from stator to r/r, I have redone the melted connections. Issue still continues, I am confused with the low output, capacitor is also only reading at tops 2.80 volts. Those two conmcetions points are the only connections I have made between stator and r/r

I live in DC area and we have had heat index days of 105 F. Could the temp help cook anything?
No, the heat wave is not what is causing your electrical problems. You have bought a relatively new product, so you are at the portion of the curve where lots of failures occur. Better to have waited a year or more until all of the bugs are worked out. You are now at the mercy of HHB, so maybe he will replace with new components?

I agree with you but the stator to regulator is old news there shouldn't be issue with that.
Here's the same thing I posted in the other thread ,"PMA rec/reg units getting super hot and melting wires, suggests to me that the regulator is of a light duty design. As an example, if HHB is buying Taiwan alternators rated at 16 amps, but the regulator is only designed to handle 8 amps, then the regulators are going to get hot and fail. I suggest you ask the HHB people some very specific questions."

Here's the same thing I posted in the other thread ,"PMA rec/reg units getting super hot and melting wires, suggests to me that the regulator is of a light duty design. As an example, if HHB is buying Taiwan alternators rated at 16 amps, but the regulator is only designed to handle 8 amps, then the regulators are going to get hot and fail. I suggest you ask the HHB people some very specific questions."

Very true, well if anyone knows a good four pole (Y/Y/R/B) regulator for a 200w charging system let me know. Hugh is on vacation till the 22 which doesn't leave me with much time. My vacation is on the 26th, was hoping to ride my bike up to NH.

Side questions, would anything major happen if I ran the CDI unit with No Regulartor/Reflector? I know I would have no lights but the coil can still run. Basically is the used A/C power generated by the stator going to mess something up?

You already have a failed PMA system.......................don't make it worse ( smoke, flames, wiring harness on fire, etc.) by jury rigging something.
If you still have a stock alternator, why don't you put that back on the engine?

I just wired a whole system. I decided to use sla .8 ah battery to help with the headlight. I even put a fuse box in under the seat. It's easy.

From the diagram you posted it does not look that bad of a install but I would look at your harness and make sure all wires are at lease 18 gauge. I build my harnesses with 16 gauge to give it a little help with the spike voltage that some of these kits give. I had a bike with a PMA that took out the 22 gauge wires in the aftermarket switches. Was weird but up graded wires and still all good. I do make and sell a harness kit that is bare bones and just handles front and rear lights , brake switch , horn , kick only, with 12 volt wire for Ignition STOCK,PAMCO,BOYER and should work with this new setup. Just too new and only guy that had contacted me sent his back. Don't know reason. New things take time so hang in.

why don't the spark plug caps fit the plug? do you need to remove top of plug , just leave threads showing seems to fit more solid- I don't get it

roadstar06, yes, you need to unscrew the top off the plugs.
In some applications the plug caps can be either way. Most cars use them with the screw on piece. Some bikes don't. The plug maker knows this, so they make the top of the plug with the screw on piece, that way you can use that piece or not.
These bikes use the caps that don't need the screw on piece as stock units. .
The after market sells caps that work both ways.
Leo

Back