Tach and Speedo faces?

Nine_Iron

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 75 and both my tach and speedo faces are warped, cracked, and faded. :( I have taken both units apart and removed the faces. I have also photo copied both faces and tried to work my magic on them in Photoshop and print them at work (I work for Xerox) and place the images on some plexiglass but I am just not satisfied.

I've contacted this joelLevine.com or whatever that company is....and I usually do this at work which I can't make personal calls so I send him an email. All I get in response is a rude email back saying call me....If I respond back with "I can't atm" he responds back rudely again and said..."If you can't learn to use a phone how can you learn to use a bike?":yikes: .

Anybody have any other ideas or another location to get replacement faceplates???

OH! That's perfect! Thanks a million! Googled so many different sites trying to find this....never thought about a decal company.:thumbsup:

I finally got the 120 mph speedo on my 75. I think it's more accurate than the 85 mph speedo. Any way it was on about two days and the needle broke off just at the edge of the round center. I tried pulling one off a couple broken tachs I have, Just broke them.
My question is does any one supply replacement needles?
Or is there anyway to glue something to the needle in the speedo?
Leo

^I've looked for them, because my tach needle is broken like you describe. The needle was broken on an SR I had and I glued it back together with metal foil underneath to reinforce it. Lasted a while but wasn't permanent. I've heard of "speedometer shops", and if they exist they might sell you a needle....

Just a little thread update.

Stumbled onto another eBay face plate decal supplier for XS650s.
The offering is different from Diablo cycles decals. Don't know what year/model this is for.

Item: Yamaha xs650 xs750 Overlay Cafe Racer Gauge Face Decal Applique Overlays Speedo

URL: http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=311398191402&alt=web

XS650-GaugeDecals.jpg

They are for the 78E gauges, (well the rev counter), Speed o should cover from 76C-78E.
Pic 1; 76C Rev counter has 3 warning lights, Brake lining-High beam-neutral.
Pic 2; 77D has 2 warning lights, Brake lining, (red on left), high beam, (blue on right).
Pic 3;78E Has 1 warning light, High beam, (blue on left), as per ebay link.

Attachments

• 2z 76XSC-79SF.JPG
    2z 76XSC-79SF.JPG
    190.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 3a 77 gauges.JPG
    3a 77 gauges.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 4 78E.JPG
    4 78E.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 123
Skull, that's great! I just knew you'd nail it.
They're offering a 1/2 price deal for anyone who'll send them pics of the installed decals...

Back