Tank decals, comments/ideas/preferences wanted

XS1961

XS addict!
Reaction score
Just had my tank & panels sprayed..
I just cant decide whether to go for white or gold chrome 'YAMAHA' stickers or round tuning forks decal? :shrug:
Going for the 70's trail bike look. Replacing the seat with a shortened version.Smaller headlamp & single clock.
Ideas/input/preferences much appreciated..
:thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_9890.jpg
    IMG_9890.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 601
Just had my tank & panels sprayed..
I just cant decide whether to go for white or gold chrome 'YAMAHA' stickers or round tuning forks decal? :shrug:
Going for the 70's trail bike look. Replacing the seat with a shortened version.Smaller headlamp & single clock.
Ideas/input/preferences much appreciated..
:thumbsup:

Can you make your bike look like the one in this picture:D

I think the white YAMAHA on the tank would look just fine.

Great colour; I've always admired the way you set up your bikes..............functional, clean look:thumbsup:

Attachments

• sabs650.jpg
    sabs650.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 762
Thats one of the photos on 'tinternet that inspired me..
Thanks RG .:)

Tyres are 4.50x18 Pirrelli MT43's.

White it is then,
Now, plain YAMAHA 120mm long or tuning forks... ?:shrug:

Last edited:
Just sprayed another set of tinware in metallic 'bergundy' & a white flash - a la Triumph ... Torn between this & the green...

Attachments

• IMG_9909.jpg
    IMG_9909.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 450
I just happen to have few sets laying around. IMHO, set 3 is the best of the bunch, but sets 1,2,6,7,and 8 are also available. Sets 7 and 8 have the smaller fonts on the insert. None are perfect but good from a couple of feet away.

They presently are curved to follow the contour of the Standard side covers. The dimensions are close to the real Triumph ones, about 7 inches by 1.25 inches. Holes drilled for mounting, but if you don't feel like drilling your side covers you could glue on some screw heads and mount the badges with double sided tape.

"Off Season" price (i.e. 'til the snow melts) is $10 a pair plus shipping.

BTW, I like the style of your mufflers. That is what's going on my bike when it comes time for replacement.

resto

Loosetrucks, great minds think alike, Ive just been pinstriping today!
Love that two-tone tank mock-up - I'm really thinking of doing that now, thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_9935.JPG
    IMG_9935.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_9936.JPG
    IMG_9936.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 228
I cant choose, I'll run both on different bikes if I can get another running in time or just swap tinware over every weekend . lol

Back