TC Bros Hard tail and Fork lowering

drake900

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I just recently installed a TC Bros Hardtail and am wondering if people normally lower their forks with these kits?

and if so...how much?

thanks for any input!

I think part of how much to lower the forks would depend on the size wheels you are using. I will be using 18 inch front and back with the TC Bros hardtail, and will also be looking for some advice on lowering the forks. Sorry I don't have any answers but am interested in what others have to say on the topic. Also Hughs Handbuilt has fork lowering kits.

Ya i'm using 19" front, and 18" rear.

The reason I ask is because I already lowered the forks 2" with spacers, and cut the springs 1.25" and as a rolling chassis it looks to be like it's lowered quite a bit too much, so I'm wondering what others have done in the past...

have you got a picture of it by any chance?

Mine looks as if the frame is sloping forward quite a bit, like it's not sitting level. I'll try to post a picture soon...

I'm short. The stock XS won't let me but touch the ground but with my toes. I bought rear shocks which were two inches shorter. I then slide the fork tubes up until they hit the handle bars. I then had to bend my side stand and shorten my center stand. All is well now. being short, the center stand is a waste for me even after shortening it to the maximum.

This is my first post here. I am age 62 and I have four XS's, a dozen extra engines and lots of parts. I have re-phasing experience. Where do I go to introduce myself? Ya, I know, old farts and computers.

Help I request and my help I freely give.

All the Best

Tom

have you got a picture of it by any chance?

Mine looks as if the frame is sloping forward quite a bit, like it's not sitting level. I'll try to post a picture soon...

Here you go; I used Hugh's 2" drop kit.

6322305685_56603bc29c_b.jpg

Roller:

5804769096_bd3b7b3398_b.jpg

I have an 18/19 w a TC tail and lowered my forks 2". It handles awesomely.
just wondering if you mean the 18" rear with the 19" front got a little mixed up with the 18/19. stock hubs? also what rear fender and seat is that? bike looks great! thanks

I'm short. The stock XS won't let me but touch the ground but with my toes. I bought rear shocks which were two inches shorter. I then slide the fork tubes up until they hit the handle bars. I then had to bend my side stand and shorten my center stand. All is well now. being short, the center stand is a waste for me even after shortening it to the maximum.

This is my first post here. I am age 62 and I have four XS's, a dozen extra engines and lots of parts. I have re-phasing experience. Where do I go to introduce myself? Ya, I know, old farts and computers.

Help I request and my help I freely give.

All the Best

Tom

Welcome home, Tom! :bike:

I changed no wheels. Shorter shocks and lowering the the forks is all that I did. It worked! The bike is lower for short people like me. As for welcome home, thank you. Only my family welcomed me home from the war.

All the Best,

Tom

005.jpg

tc hard tail and a 3" drop i bought from hughs.. BUT i dont think they are the STOCK 35mm forks, so i'm not sure what the overall stock length would be. def adds a great look though:thumbsup:

Back