tc bros or low brow

I do agree with you Daddygcycle, it has nothing to do with style, I looked into TCB hardtail very closely before i made my decision. I had more than one phone call to Tyler of TCB and he was very helpful and was actually wanting the work (which seems rare these days). I would swear by all TCB parts as well, for i just placed another $300 order from him. The big deciding factor on hardtails for me was im from Kansas, and i was supporting a fellow kansans work, along with all the good reviews i had heard. But with that said you can find me the best bike builder out their and stand there and pick out there mistakes as well. The willingness to correct their mistake and admit it, is what makes the man, and the builder.

I do agree with you Daddygcycle, it has nothing to do with style, I looked into TCB hardtail very closely before i made my decision. I had more than one phone call to Tyler of TCB and he was very helpful and was actually wanting the work (which seems rare these days). I would swear by all TCB parts as well, for i just placed another $300 order from him. The big deciding factor on hardtails for me was im from Kansas, and i was supporting a fellow kansans work, along with all the good reviews i had heard. But with that said you can find me the best bike builder out their and stand there and pick out there mistakes as well. The willingness to correct their mistake and admit it, is what makes the man, and the builder.

As in life. We all make mistakes~ how you handle it though, is testament to your character.:thumbsup:

I just got a TC put on my bike. The tail, from TCB, has nice welds, straight, real solid, and the engine was not removed when it was welded on. Matched up fine too. No jig needed. I have seen the Bird tails, but never studied them. I, personally like the straight, flat bottom rails. I run a really small battery on the bottom rail, up tight to the engine and this "flat" area gives the illusion of a longer, lower ride, without having to add stretch. On the Bird, the space between where the rail begins to curve up and the tire, looks lifted and "notched" to me. The good thing is that people have several different frame tails to choose from. AND it's your bike.

Agreed, well it sounds like youre satisfied with your frame and thats all that matters. Me being taller i went with a 4' stretched frame, i didnt use TCB though. I love the 4' stretch cause it does give it the longer, lower look that is killer on the 650 bobs. Youre gonna have to post some pics of your bike man. Hell, i could always use some building tips.

Agreed, well it sounds like youre satisfied with your frame and thats all that matters. Me being taller i went with a 4' stretched frame, i didnt use TCB though. I love the 4' stretch cause it does give it the longer, lower look that is killer on the 650 bobs. Youre gonna have to post some pics of your bike man. Hell, i could always use some building tips.

Your bike sounds cool. do you have any pics.

Yeah i gotta few, its still in the building process right now.
Frame as it sits now..

When you post a comment, at the bottom it say's, "Go Advanced". There you will see the little paper-clip attachment icon. I think top middle of box.

I haven't read the whole post, but if you can weld and have a decent welder, I would go with Travis' set up. It is certainly cheap enough, and it appears to have allot of thought put into it. I think that next winter I will do one for my XS. Then it'll probably be for sale. Not sure about the sale, but will make it a unique machine.

Don't forget about Elswick hardtails. any length stretch you want. Mine has 3"s

Attachments

• 5614848538_b51fdbee26_z.jpg
    5614848538_b51fdbee26_z.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 180
Back