tc bros or low brow

I have not heard anyone complain about tc bros and the lowbrow would be nice. Do you want mids or forward controls. If forwards, the stretch will not matter as much.

this is a G&L section...

Attachments

• 100_2629.jpg
    100_2629.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 165
I vote a David Bird Hardtail from Low Brow. I have the looped tail and it looks sick. You can pick your stretch and drop on the Bird tails too. The wait was a concern, but it did not take nearly as long as they said it would at first. It was done and shipped to me very quick. I think both the Bird tails look better than the TC ones too. Everyone seems to have a TC tail with a sportster tank too... Just my .2 cents

I attempted to order a G&L Tail but they stopped e-mailing me back. Went with Elswick instead. Everyone has a TC bros.

I have used both and found if i order on MONDAY by FRIDAY i got it from TC BROTHERS and if you have all the time in the world buy what you really like. There are alot of kits out there like Travis Kit and the are the best to use if you want to have a long look or drop seat look. BUT if you want something simple and don't have a jig you can weld up a TCB ass end in about a hour if you can weld.

Attachments

• drop seat 300.JPG
    drop seat 300.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 168
  • hardtail 4sm.JPG
    hardtail 4sm.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 172
so your saying you can weld on a tc bro's hard tail without a jig? i thought you still needed a jig to make sure everything was straight....

I use a jig but i know guys who have done it with out jig. I have done them before i got a jig with a level table that i was able to lock down front end and use levels. If you cut the TCB hard tail the way they say it fits good then it all has to do with making sure its level and measures the same on both sides. Everyone doesn't have a jig. But i have been putting on HARD TAIL'S since the eary 70's

I just can't get past the look of the lower rails on the TC Bros unit. The bend up to the axle plates should start earlier. The David Bird unit looks great, especially the loop version. My project has been going on for two years, so my options were more limited. This will be the last XS I'll build for awhile, so it has to be right for me. My next project has to be a ride for my wonderful wife, maybe a trike. I don't make a living customizing bikes, so lead time is not a factor. That being said, get whatever unit you like, work carefully, and weld it up.

P.S. I'm 6'2", and the G&L unit worked for me. If you look at the two bosses on my downtubes, my forward controls don't hang out in front of the pipes.

Last edited:
Em's right. I should butt out.

tom

Now, Tom, I didn't mean you should butt out. Just wanted to express my surprise at seeing you weigh in on anything concerning a hardtailed frame, and also that some people do know what you mean about the bottom frame rail and the (sometimes) excessive space between engine and back tire.
:) <<note smiley face, intended to convey light-hearted intent of message, as in the previous one, too.

Id also check out Kansas Kustoms, Bill does A+ work.. He welded on my hardtail for about 325 plus install. A little pricey, but you get what you pay for and ive heard a few to many negatives about TC. Not tryin to bash anyone, but Kansas Kustoms is great work, good price, and i had about a 5 day turn around.

Id also check out Kansas Kustoms, Bill does A+ work.. He welded on my hardtail for about 325 plus install. A little pricey, but you get what you pay for and ive heard a few to many negatives about TC. Not tryin to bash anyone, but Kansas Kustoms is great work, good price, and i had about a 5 day turn around.

do tell......

Like i said, i never stated that to bash anyone, for I have many TC bros parts on my build.. and ive had zero problems,I just didnt choose their hardtail. But ive read about peoples whos hardtails come back with incomplete welds, crooked frames..etc. But ive also read people who swear by their work. Its just hit and miss wherever you choose to go it seems.

Like i said, i never stated that to bash anyone, for I have many TC bros parts on my build.. and ive had zero problems,I just didnt choose their hardtail. But ive read about peoples whos hardtails come back with incomplete welds, crooked frames..etc. But ive also read people who swear by their work. Its just hit and miss wherever you choose to go it seems.

I see....ya I suppose everyone has there "off" days...I didn't think you were bashing, just wanted to hear if there was anything other than the design.

You know i don't take that as bashing ITS A LEARNING CURVE
I have had my stuff bashed and some guys don't like the builds i build and thats cool everyone has there say BUT!!!! like i have said many times on a lot of sites .SHOW ME WHAT YOU CAN DO!
I use TC Brothers HardTails for a couple reasons and the main one is IT HOLDS UP WITH POT HOLE BUMPS ROUGH RIDING. For you guys that got nice flat ground make it out of PAPER. When you build bikes and they are running around in the big cities there are so many problems just driving a car. I have hit holes in NY that swallow up the front wheel and toss you on the tank. 25 TCB HARDTAILS never had one crack bad welds or break in any way. Now i have had some other come in with cracks and bad welds.
So i use TCB because the have them ready to ship and i am not waiting to have it built and then send it to me.
This is a forum and EVERYONE can say what they want to and to some it helps them decide on there build to others they just like to bash because its not there style.
You never have to have thin skin if you make something. With me if you don't like it or it won't work on your bike SEND IT BACK and get a refund THAT SIMPLE!!!

Im a big fan of TC Bros. I called them because I'm building a XS650 bobber for a customer thats 6'2" and I wanted to know if I needed to stretch it out more. They called me back a few hours later willing to answer all of my questions. He said he is 6'2", and with forward controls he is very comfortable on his bobbed XS650.

Back