tc bros wiring kit

Always use fuses!! Not using them is a bad thing. Your bike will not hesitate to fry or burn up. I have my lights fused. Signals/brakes fused. Ignition fused...all seperately. Just a 20a on the red wire from battery to ignition is not enough in my opinion. If your light shorts everything is else is unprotected.

Jamesgs- What did you do with these two wires?? left ones yellow, right ones green... They are coming from the stator, I also have the same wiring kit... Thanks in advance, Cody

Attachments

• 0506111335-00.jpg
    0506111335-00.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 203
The yellow goes to the safety relay. If no safety relay cap off.
The green goes to the regulator green wire.
Leo

Theres already enough wires to my regulator, i can attach it but there is no other wires to attach it too coming from my regulator.. If that makes any sense.

Then the green wire is probably blue, if so, thats for the neutral light.
Power goes from after the switch on the brown wire to the neutral light, from the neutral light on, as Yamaha calls it a Sky Blue wire to the neutral switch. When in neutral the switch grounds the Sky Blue wire to complete the circuit and light the neutral light.
Leo

I was just reviewing this thread and looked at the instructions posted by Crazyredneck, I don't think I would buy any TCBros stuff. They don't even know what ignition these bikes use.
Leo

Was just about to start a thread about the blue wire asking what to do with it, cuz im building my harness. Thanks Leo and James!

JAMESGS-I put one of those harnesses in my bike and I dont have any spark, Ive went over the wiring 3 times now and its all correct. Any suggestions?

It has the 3 switch ignition from tc bros... On the IG side I have my turn signals, brown and red wires from the tc bros simplified wiring setup, then on the L side i have my headlight/taillight and on the B side i dont have anything connected.

Does anyone know if the tcbros chopper harness comes with leads for lights (head/tail/blinkers)? Thx

The one they sell is for charging and electronics. Its made to make it easy for a chopper build. If you have your stock harness you already have what they are selling.
If you want a complete harness (CUSTOM) for your bike I do make them up and sell them . They start at $125.00 and made to what you need. Made many for guys on here. Its plug and play with your parts so all you do is put on bike and do little wiring connections and your riding. I have made them up with stock switches aftermarket switches/turn signals/horn/lights/and even make up a harness with the battery box and fake oil tank with all the switches. There are video's on YOUTUBE under my name
BUT if you are good with wires your stock harness can be broken down and made up too.

Back