TCBros Wiring Harness - Quick Question

xs650newb

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hello all,
I would like to purchase a simplified wiring harness and I know that TCBros sells such an item. My question is for somebody that uses this item.

My understanding is that if I remove the old wiring harness and plug in the new wiring harness it will be sufficient for the bike to operate and by operate I mean start up and move. Is this correct?

What exactly is missing?
Turn signals?
Headlight?
Horn?
Electric start?

My goal is to use the simplified wiring harness and then wire up anything else that I think I might need. The ultimate goal is to hide as much wiring as possible and to also get rid of my very old and very rusted current wiring harness.

Thanks,
Adam

The chopper harness only provides for the charging and ignition system. Everything else is up to you.

If your gonna wire the bike up, why spend $80 on $10 worth of wire?
Use this, wire it up be happy.
Leo

Attachments

• 314w9s3.jpg
    314w9s3.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 113
I sell a complete wire harness for choppers for $100.00 shipped and its all marked for easy install and has Starter / Lights / Brake Light / horn / H/L switch
I can make it up any way you want you just send me your stock harness and i send you new setup.
The TCB one is good but you have to wire up all the rest on your own.
If interested email me at RGRANT51@aol.com
Here is a picture of one with a TCB oil tank setup that a customer set to be wired.
Its not hard to do if you want to do it yourself just time.
First photo is my harness
Second photo is what gets hooked up with TCB setup

Attachments

• wire setup.JPG
    wire setup.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 103
  • wiesetup.JPG
    wiesetup.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 90
DADDYG,
My understanding was that the TCBros harness connects both the ignition system and charging system. Essentially it is the bare minimum required for the bike to function.

Is this correct?

Adam

I ordered mine from tcbros too, and all that schematic says is"headlight, taillight, and signals, should be wired to the acc side of the ignition" Does yours say anything different??

Back