TCI box difference?

So what are you saying Pete? You added something really thick like a battery cable?

I used a flat braided ground often used to ground an engine that is mounted on rubber engine mounts because it's so flexible.

braided.jpg

It looks cool too. Makes people think I know what I'm doing...:D

One thing I will suggest - it sounds like you have that harness ground wire up at the top of the coil mounting bolt, just under its head? I would move it down underneath, so it's pressed hard on the frame like so .....

StockCoilWiring.jpg

Make sure that spot on the frame around the hole is clean so you get a good ground.

On the original factory coils, the stud had a slightly protruding shoulder, allowing ground contact at both ends of the stud. Aftermarket replacement coils don't have this raised shoulder, the plastic body sits on the mount plate, and relies on only the nut/lockwasher to make the connection. A lug placed between the coil and mount plate may not provide a reliable ground...

The coil I put in is a NOS one that was still sealed, and never installed in a bike. I did put the ground wire that was coming out of my harness on the outside of the coil post, but I will switch it up so that it is between the coil post and the frame. Though I cant imagine that would cause my rough running issues. Im trying to dig up a reg/rec locally that I can use to test on my bike and see if that is the issue as once again I can start the bike and idle the bike but not rev it up, when I disconnect the reg/rec while its running the bike runs normally. Im fed up with this damn electrical gremlin thats for sure! It may be time to drop it off at a shop and let them sort it out, course thats money I dont want to put into it cause as soon as its running right Im kicking it down the road lol.

Back