The beginning of My Road Racer

LOL Maxpete
I always joke and say it looks like Fred Sanford lives here.HAHA
OH and if you or If anyone is wondering why or even noticed the U-bolts on the gooseneck? I have a perfectly good explanation.
If you'll remember the Dunstbin style Fairing I purchased back when, Well that will be used in this build. I kept looking for mounting hardware and kept finding very expensive pre-formed frames that needed to be welded to the gooseneck and did not allow for a headlight and sense I wanted to build a street legal vintage racer that would not do because then the vin# would be altered or destroyed and I would no longer have a headlight So USING THE WONDERFUL WORLD WIDE INTERNET I saved as many pictures of these mounting frames for road race fairing applications as I could find and decided that a bolt on application was a much better and affordable option for my needs. So I set out to find a way to do this myself without spending the money I really needed for the high end parts that were a must for this lil bike build. I have made my own simple blueprints for a total bolt on and bolt assemble system to mount almost any road race style fairing to the bike and it's really easy and cheap to do as well

I was able to get the motor in the frame last night with the help of a friend But that's about all I've had time to do
I think it's starting to look a lot like a cool Bike and I'm starting to get excited about it again !!!
20180416_202626.jpg

That's looking brilliant! :geek: :rock: :thumbsup:
:whistle: Be sure to grind paint for metal to metal on at least one engine mount and run a frame to engine ground wire too....

20180327_095400.jpg
20180327_095400.jpg
Well folks things may really get slow-er right now with the bike build
My Mom got in a wreck and her car was totaled she only had PIP and the other person was uninsured and unlicensed so my once available funds to do the manx buggy build and the XS650RR build have now been diverted to My Momma needs a car fund But the good news is that other than a massive bruise from the seat belt and some whiplash she is home safe with me and in good health!!! So might be a minute before I post any more pictures guys
20180327_095400.jpg

the other person was uninsured and unlicensed
Take the accident report to the courthouse and file criminal charges against the other driver and tell them you'll drop the charges if the person pays for their damage. This is straight out of the mouth of a retired judge who told me to do it a couple of years ago :)

Man, that's tough Robert, but happy to hear your mom isn't seriously hurt. Cars can be replaced, people can't.

That really sucks. I pretty much have to have under/uninsured coverage because about 1/3rd of the cars around my area aren't insured. The really annoying part is no one enforces the insurance law because "it's racist."

That's nasty...glad your mom wasn't hurt. Isn't insurance mandatory in the US? Where I'm from we have a "legal liability". This means when I crash into someone and it's my fault, my insurance company will have to pay the party I crashed into. You cannot drive a vehicle without this insurance. If you do, you're in violiation and risk an enormous fine which is much higher than the cost of an insurance.

That's nasty...glad your mom wasn't hurt. Isn't insurance mandatory in the US? Where I'm from we have a "legal liability". This means when I crash into someone and it's my fault, my insurance company will have to pay the party I crashed into. You cannot drive a vehicle without this insurance. If you do, you're in violiation and risk an enormous fine which is much higher than the cost of an insurance.
Yes, there are laws saying you have to have it. But it isn't really enforced. I know in OK if you cancel insurance and don't have proof you sold it or put inop tags on it they'll suspend your license. But here in WA they don't enforce it because "racist". So in WA it's estimated 1 in 3 people on the road don't have insurance.

Yes, there are laws saying you have to have it. But it isn't really enforced. I know in OK if you cancel insurance and don't have proof you sold it or put inop tags on it they'll suspend your license. But here in WA they don't enforce it because "racist". So in WA it's estimated 1 in 3 people on the road don't have insurance.

That sounds horrible, with that kind of 'law enforcement' you need eyes in the back of your head for not getting hurt! I cannot cancel my insurance without DMV proof that I suspended the registration certificate (license plate) for a few months or if the vehicle was sold. These guys (insurance, dmv, justice) are al 'connected' to each other and there's no way around it. A police car driving behind can check this and will pull you over. Or in the best case you'll get a fine on your doormat.

Take the accident report to the courthouse and file criminal charges against the other driver and tell them you'll drop the charges if the person pays for their damage. This is straight out of the mouth of a retired judge who told me to do it a couple of years ago :)
person was not a legal citizen with no license and no insurance Nothing we can do he just gets deported and I know you mean well Sir but I really don't wanna get started on that whole fucking issue The whole damn thing is all bullshit and I almost lost my Mother because of the last administrations fucked up ideals Now this conversation will lead to politics and that's not what we are here for and If I get started on that subject after this shit will get real and ugly and now I just might have some recurring anger issues so Thank you for the concern Sir and lets just keep this XS650 an forget I ever vented my personal shit. Sorry Bubba this shit just really chaps my fucking ass!!!!

I know this is not part of the project but just wanted to share the Happy ending to my Mom's car wreck
I was able to find her a really nice 1 owner Toyota Camry very well cared for and maintained with right at 178,000 miles on it for a total cost even after title transfer and tag transfer a whopping $2,o76. Car has PB PW PS Power seats, power sunroof that don't leak at all, tilt steering, rear window defogger, ice cold A/C, rear seats fold down and even has nice paint. I just spent the money I had saved up for my buggy and my bike project but man ya only have 1 MOM and to me this picture I'm sharing with you'll from yesterday when I surprised her with her new used car is priceless to me
20180423_173933.jpg

Back