The "Jap Crap Kid" to the rescue

its actually a great way to show him that he is so proud of himself but he does not know the basics to it, that is a "in your face move" that people who wants revenge wants so bad. i do hope that he comes to his senses and stop showing off and calling people crappy names because he himself can be called one!

Well I was waiting for the opportunity when my Yamaha bashing co worker would say a derrogatory comment about my japanese heritage. Well tuesday while unloading some steel he made the comment in front of other co workers "got some steel from your people in china" (I am 1/2 japanese.) I quickly said - Hey that movie about your family is a real classic. He asked what movie? I replied Deliverance. Everyone started laughing. I then said I dont know if it was you or your dad- but Ned Beatty was doing all you told him to do and you STILL raped his ass!!!! He being the butt of a joke will either make him worse or better. He rolled with it pretty good. Funny

great story! I love it. All my 25 years of riding i have always been all about dependability. its a great feeling to ride past a guy sittin in his driveway with his h-d all tore apart scratchin his head, while you happily cruise away on a bike that cost a fraction of the harley.

It was the closet thing like it that I've ever been to. I hear (never been) Daytona Bike Week is about the same...

I cant wait to show my Harley ridin friends , both of whom had to sell their beloved shiney rides cuz they couldnt afford them, the harley parts that I cut up to make turn signal brackets and a chain guard bracket for my Yamaha rigid. Felt "EVIL" cuttin those parts up...and I like Harleys.....old ones mind you.....Kev.

There was a local "Poker Run" today. I showed up at the local bar looking for a couple of friends that were supposed to be there. I caught a little attention when I rolled in.. (small grin on the inside 'cause these are typically Harley affairs 'round here.) Hopped off, went in.. To find out the guys that I was looking for, weren't there. So.... "I'm out!" When I came outta the bar my bike was surrounded with the all the same dudes eyeballin me on the way in. At this point I regretted leaving the key in it. I was received with, "Hey, what is that?" and "that's a sweet ride you build that?." We all chatted for a minute or so then I asked one of the dudes where the rest of the stops where, and he produced a list for me! (nothing but inviting and cool folks) In fact, as I was leaving they were ALL leaving to go to the next stop and I rolled out with them. I eventually cut off and had an amazing ride today but, had a "Zen" moment with the Harley attitude today that I have damned in this thread previously and thought I'd share:)

a new bar-b-Q joint opened up in my little town and on the grand opening there was a group of harleys but the bike that got to be on the spotlight parked in front of the big bay doors was a honda cb hardtail! it got soooo many lookers that past the harleys unnoticed. it was epic.

Yeah, Harleys are everywhere but vintage Jap iron (and I say that with love!) isn't. That's another reason I like my XS: it's not very likely I will pull up next to another one. It also isn't just another crotch rocket, although I love the performance of those bikes.

Yeah, Harleys are everywhere but vintage Jap iron (and I say that with love!) isn't. That's another reason I like my XS: it's not very likely I will pull up next to another one. It also isn't just another crotch rocket, although I love the performance of those bikes.

id love to see pics of the rotary healey of yours! i love rotary's. maybe post some in a thread.

We tend to just call them "Harley Guys". You know the type, covered head to toe in HD branded gear, have difficulty controlling the bike, and unnecessarily loud pipe. My wife openly points and laughs at them now.

I remembered something else about the Harley types: they will only acknowledge other Harley riders. There have been times I was riding my XS with a Harley ahead/behind, a Harley approaches the other way and it's quite obvious I am beneath their notice. That's OK; I don't point/laugh at them when they are broken down.

people in my area are really bike friendly. theyll wave at pretty much whatever you ride except those lil' Chinese scooters :) but I know of the harley stuckuppitieness of which you speak.

Now hold on fellas.... I'm not trying to defend the Harley riders..or should I say the Johnny come lately's... there's no defending ignorance. There is a vast group of HD riders that appreciate Jap bikes not because most of them folks learned to ride on them but because most of YOU ride them with pride... You fix and customize your rides without refering to cross references from a catalog. I personally don't care what anyone rides as long as they are riding. A guy I worked with was putting serious miles on his Honda shadow. He made jokes about my 61' FL that I was riding on a daily basis. He even once said:
Q:What's the difference hounddogs and Harley's?
A:Hound dogs can get in the back of the truck by themselves...
I thought that was funny and even quite creative. What I did not find humorous was that a short time later he sold or traded his Honda for a Harley. The reason was that most of the higher up's at work that rode had made a rude comment to him about riding Jap bikes so he sold out under peer pressure. What a jackass...
I have two 650's in various states of disrepair while waiting for parts or for lack ideas on moving forward with my Cafe project. My old 61' sits ready to ride at a moment's notice.

Hey LittleBill31
Is this by chance your neighbor?
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/3067935840.html
:laughing:

Sturgis 2012 (St.louis )

Date: 2012-06-09, 4:58PM CDT
Reply to: sq6ws-3067935840@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
My and my girlfriend looking for someone to split cost of trailering there. Leave August 3,return August 11. We are people that do not smoke

5I45Gf5E43E53G63I3c6967b56b103d541177.jpg

Reply to Craigslist ad

" send picture of girlfriend"

I wanna own a Harley (that is NOT spelled S-P-O-R-T-S-T-E-R) someday I'm just so damned cheap......... Maybe a Buell..... (Sportster in pretty boy clothes)

Back