The Master of Disaster

hamamatsu

Retired loafer
Reaction score
Two weeks ago, we had a wind storm which downed two big maple trees in my front yard, the trees took down every power line, cable line and phone line for two blocks. Last week we had a hail storm which inflicted $1,800.00 damage on my new Jeep Grand Cherokee. Tonight, after I dropped my Yamaha Silverado off at the bike shop for service, my wife and myself were hit from behind by some jerk who was texting. My wife was driving her 1998 Chevy Monte Carlo which she bought new in 1998. The car was mint with 16,600 actual miles on the clock. The guy hit us so hard, my seat broke loose and laid me and my baseball hat in the back seat. I have never been hit that hard before tonight, it felt like god reached down and smacked me in the back of the head.

Tonight, I remain the Master of Disaster.....I can still smile:D

People who are negligent with vehicles should lose them and face criminal charges. As a firearm enthusiast, you best believe if I was negligent with a firearm (which is in its most basic form a tool humans utilize, much like a vehicle) I would lose them, my right to own them, face criminal charges and have merry band of pitchfork carrying do-gooders calling for my head. We see it all the time. Where's the mob when someone is knowingly, willingly and conscientiously negligent with a vehicle and injures or kills people? :banghead:

Sorry for the rant, it's a GIGANTIC pet peeve of mine. That and hyphenated last names... :laugh:

Glad to hear you and your wife are ok, but sore I'm sure.

~ Derek

So what happened next? Tickets? Lawsuits? Tongue lashings?

Details man, we need details.

Seriously, glad your ok and glad you weren't on a bike when it happened.

I'd say stay in your house for a while but it sounds like Mother Nature may still find you.

Hate your wife's car got trashed as well as you going through all your other disasters.
My new Silverado got beat to death by hail last october. Fortunately with this new paintless dent repair you can't tell it was every dumped on. That is some amazing technology (and a lot of skill).

On the subject of texting while driving...
You know lawmakers keeps harping about coming up with something to stop people from texting and such while driving. ( More and more laws arent going to do it.) Well IMO there's already a means. My Garmin GPS will not let me enter data while the car is moving unless I force it to do so. It tells me how fast I'm moving, it tells me within feet of the signs when the speed limit changes. All this technology tells me the same GPS systems in a phones could be designed to detect if it is moving faster than say 5 MPH or so. If it is,... YOU CAN"T TEXT or ACCESS TEXTING. It would block out the texting functions.

Course my son has already pointed out "but then the passenger wouldn't be able to text." So be it if it will save lives. If your life is such you have to contact someone while driving use the old method of communication ... CALL THEM!! (BUT use blue Tooth :thumbsup:)

Now if we can only figure out what to do with the idiots reading their Kendals while driving!!!:wtf: Don't Kendals have GPS systems??? :):):)

If I had been riding my Silverado or my XS650 instead of the Monte Carlo, we wouldn't be having this conversation....because I would have beat the crap out of the other driver, and I'd be in jail.

They make new cars every day... but XS650s, not so much.

Back