The Official Michigan Thread

Stone

Just Livin
Reaction score
Since there seems to be a shit ton of Michigan (and the surrounding area) members maybe we should just have a thread for everyone. That being said, post an update on your ride, the beer your drinking, local deals, how much you hate the snow, a quick hello if your new and whatever else you want. Commence madness...:cheers:

ok i guess im next.
im in detroit, right smack in the middle of it.
here is what i'm working on. Click on the links if you'd like to check out the threads.

78 brat
IMG01180.jpg

81 hardtail "Spare Parts" build
IMG01166.jpg

And i have a bone stock 76 thats more of a daily rider (until i decide to chop it up :)

I dont drink, and i dont really mind the snow. In fact im planning on having some fun in the snow on my 76 this winter. maybe.

we michiganders should have a meet when it gets nicer out, would be cool.

Hey, Im in Lansing, and working in Haslett. Ive just gotten around to winterizing my scoots. Heers my current project, in a half-ass mock up form. Stock 72 frame, 81 motor, 96 katana Front. Ive got some new bits since the pic was taken.
th_TigersBanquet026.jpg

And my daily rider. My 83 CB1100F. Its comfy, sweet, and oh yeah, and retarded fast....
th_NewCBF.jpg

Im not a huge fan of winter, but I enjoy it non the less. My 7 year old loves it, my Boxer, hates it. So Im' in it regardless. Might as well enjoy it!!! Ill be hard at work on the 650 cafe build in the garage all snowy winter long. Its about time to fire up the furnace too!!!

Oh yeah, Im a big fan of michigan Brewery co, beers. I frequent the downtown Lansing pub. I have since found another bar that serves that exclusively. SWEEEEETT.

Last edited:
damn i made the thread and didnt even post shit. Im around east lansing most days, i drink whatever beer someone else is puttin in my hand and only the dirt bikes run, the 650s are waiting on parts, paint, time, money...the usual. :shrug:

I didnt even fire up my KX this summer:(. Oh well, my boy put in lots of time on his CRF50 though. He is getting faster every day. Little Shit:D

I live in traverse city - alot of breweries around here and lately i've been liking the stout variety.

Bike is in pieces, gonna start polishing the aluminum (ports, engine covers and forks) this week. Waiting on the frame to get back from powder coating and a gasket set (and various other parts) to come in from Mikes to reassemble the engine. bike should be road worthy by the end of december, just in time to enjoy all the lovely lake effect snow we get up here.

I'm in Brighton/Howell area.
I ride these:
Vs1400 Intruder

DRZ400SM (supermoto)

VS800 Intruder

work on this:

there is one more frame I'm making plans for and a 1400 motor that can end up in it. rawxs

What's up fellas! I'm in Florida now but Detroit raised. The old man is having prostate surgery in early December so Im making a visit back to Sterling Heights. I'd love to see some of these bad ass bikes while I'm up there! I guess I could ride mine up, but economy class on Delta airlines is faster and easier on the ole back and ass. Anyone around the Detroit metropolitan area want to get together and talk about titties, beer and bikes while Im up there?

Not a Michigan rider (Blue Ridge Mountains NC) but thanks for your excellent bikes. 1975 Yamaha XS650B original condition from Saginaw. Thanks for not letting them touch that damn salt boys.

Attachments

• Vet Fest 003 (2).jpg
    Vet Fest 003 (2).jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 172
  • 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 179
I'm in Brighton/Howell area.
I ride these:
Vs1400 Intruder

DRZ400SM (supermoto)

VS800 Intruder

work on this:

there is one more frame I'm making plans for and a 1400 motor that can end up in it. rawxs

Nice bikes man, quick question are those AVON distancias on that DRZ 400?

Not a Michigan rider (Blue Ridge Mountains NC) but thanks for your excellent bikes. 1975 Yamaha XS650B original condition from Saginaw. Thanks for not letting them touch that damn salt boys.

i had a bike ruined by salt transporting it back home to michigan when i was stationed in NC.

I used to drive the Blue Ridge Mt. Parkway driving home on leave, beautiful area, always wanted to take a bike through it.

only says its 44 outside but it feels a hell of alot colder...i refuse to let riding season end haha i still hoped on the 100 and went around the property

I'm north of the Palace of Auburn Hills about 10 miles. 71 XS. Non-drinker. Put my bike up for the winter and this spring I have to figure out the pilot jets.

Grand Haven area here. Retired from drinking years ago. would like to put fuel injection on my on going project.:D

Attachments

• IMG_4417.jpg
    IMG_4417.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_4418.jpg
    IMG_4418.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 191
Back