Reputable Repair Shops in Your Area

wannabridin

XS650 Guru
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,

I tried searching, but couldn't find any pertinent data, so I'd like to start a thread for reputable motorcycle repair shops in your area. It's hard to find a shop worth anything these days so I'd like to see what everyone thinks.

I'm in Hurst, TX (76053) and I'm currently looking for someone who can work on crankshafts. I might have to replace my connecting rods (fingers crossed I don't!) and I'd rather not ship it off somewhere if I can support a local business. Any thoughts?? I have Reed's V-Twin down the street from me, but I'm not sure if they are any good.

I can start with one quick recommendation for dyno tuning in Fort Worth: Cycle Werkz. They do a great job at a good price, and he even told me one time that he would give me a great price if I bring him my XS because he's always wanted to tune one! They have a very well renowned tuner that works there and can do any make of bike. I've taken my VT750 there as well as my VTR1000, both of which came out running far better than I could have hoped.

Maybe others can post about their areas for shops and help everyone else out. Thanks!!

We have a shop here in Fredericksburg, Texas that works on just about everything. Their restoration work is excellent, but the exotic chroming and machining work is outsourced.

http://www.scoottexas.com/

http://www.xs650.com/media/albums/1671/

full

I like this thread, great idea.

Rocket Motorcycles, Toronto Canada

Run by an ancient old grumpy man by the name of Robbie Rocket, He's been in the business for 40 years and been building bikes for even longer. Tons of stories, great work, fair prices. Best part is is that since I'm a young guy he likes to install some of his knowledge on me by making me do some of the work when I'm hanging around the shop; "No you moron, the other way around. Explain to me how that could possibly work". "Well...you could do that, if you we're stupid".

10/10 would recommend.

Back